The Student Room Group

Anyone got any good memory techniques? (A-Level Biology, but for any subject really)

I understand the content completely in Biology, for example, but I forget some of the little details that I need for the exam.
I learn best by using lists/tables, but flash cards are a great way to get the wording right (what the examiners are looking for).

Other than that, mnemonics are useful, the odder the better, visualising it(eg organelles) and making it rhyme etc
Acronyms. For example memorising trig in maths : Sex On Hard Concrete Always Hurts The Open Anus
Original post by MathsAstronomy12
Acronyms. For example memorising trig in maths : Sex On Hard Concrete Always Hurts The Open Anus

Why not just remember SOH-CAH-TOA? ;p
For me, I'd definitely suggest flashcards - they don't take too long to do each day (depending on how many you have:biggrin:), and I can still remember stuff from ages back thanks to them. Works well with equations, etc. I also use them for diagrams, to help me remember the many different parts in an organ, etc. Of course, this is particularly useful with Bio, but flashcards help with other subjects too (e.g. memorising vocab for a language, memorising formulas for Physics etc).
Hope that helps!:h:
Well heloo every one

Iam Ahmad maged
Iam an A Level student studying Biology A Level
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Treblebee
Why not just remember SOH-CAH-TOA? ;p
For me, I'd definitely suggest flashcards - they don't take too long to do each day (depending on how many you have:biggrin:), and I can still remember stuff from ages back thanks to them. Works well with equations, etc. I also use them for diagrams, to help me remember the many different parts in an organ, etc. Of course, this is particularly useful with Bio, but flashcards help with other subjects too (e.g. memorising vocab for a language, memorising formulas for Physics etc).
Hope that helps!:h:

Not as catchy as mine :wink:
Original post by MathsAstronomy12

hahah in year 9 my maths teacher told us to remember it by
Sex On Hard Concrete Always Hurts The Outer Areas
I've never met anyone that uses anything like it (until now :eek:)
Original post by SteamboatMickey
I understand the content completely in Biology, for example, but I forget some of the little details that I need for the exam.

I agree with previous posts; flash cards are amazing.
They help with definitions and pretty much anything really and they also help to consolidate info as well as helping you to learn new content
Original post by rainbowtwist
hahah in year 9 my maths teacher told us to remember it by
Sex On Hard Concrete Always Hurts The Outer Areas
I've never met anyone that uses anything like it (until now :eek:)

you're not alone

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending