The Student Room Group

Alevel

Hey guys i need some help please , i got my mocks back and i got a CCD is there any techniques to boost my grade for psychology and biology expecially with answering questions
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Original post by Afreen sheema
Hey guys i need some help please , i got my mocks back and i got a CCD is there any techniques to boost my grade for psychology and biology expecially with answering questions

Hi there

I used to take biology back in A levels too. Here are some tips that I found quite useful in boosting my grades:

Using the textbook, do not just rely on lessons that are delivered. The textbook goes into a bit more detail and includes diagrams that you can easily refer back to. I find this quite helpful for visualising the content.

Try to understand the content, once you have done this, summarise your notes down into smaller chunks of information that you can memorise easily.

Start memorising information early on. I used to memorise the content for each topic in a lot of detail for each topic test. It is important to engage your long term memory, keep referring back to the knowledge throughout the year, so you will not have to spend a lot of time memorising towards the end of year exams. This helps with boosting your knowledge to answer questions.

Doing past paper questions, marking them yourself. It is important to note down where you have gone wrong, what was the correct way of answering the question. (I found that noting down the key words from mark schemes was really useful).

Most importantly for myself is constantly referring back to these past paper questions close towards exams. It helps you identify where you have gone wrong, and what the correct solution in. This helps with the application parts of the question.

I hope this helps.
Chloe
University of Kent Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest