The Student Room Group

A level subject and university application

hello to everyone! I need some advice, I am in y13, I am taking 4 subjects this year and last year I was doing 5, and my preicted grades are russian a, art a, math b and physics d(i am trying to convince my teacher to give me a c, because i know that i can have a c in my exams). None of my courses require physics, but as i am applying for architecture, and civil engineering some of them they recommend taking it, but as i have not soo good grade for it should i drop it and just do 3 subjects? and retake physics AS and try to achieve A. Or should I still keep doing physics for A2 ? and but in my opinion good universities would not like the predicted grade for physics even though i am taking 4 subjects???
Unless you're doing physics because you're really enjoying it, I'd recommend perhaps dropping it - none of your courses absolutely require it, and a lot of unis only look at 3 A levels anyway. Your other predicted grades look pretty good, so perhaps it's better to focus on them.
Another thing you've got to consider if you keep it/drop it and retake the AS is the effect it'll have on your other subjects - it's better to have 3 excellent A levels than 4 OK ones. That said, if the unis have said Physics may be to your advantage, it may be worth polishing up your grade a little depending on what you got at AS.
Ultimately I'd advise talking to your tutor/teacher/whoever's in charge of UCAS and careers as they know you better than anyone on here could, and will probably be able to give you some good advice.
Hopefully this helps, or at least gives you something to think about :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by lightwoXd
Unless you're doing physics because you're really enjoying it, I'd recommend perhaps dropping it - none of your courses absolutely require it, and a lot of unis only look at 3 A levels anyway. Your other predicted grades look pretty good, so perhaps it's better to focus on them.
Another thing you've got to consider if you keep it/drop it and retake the AS is the effect it'll have on your other subjects - it's better to have 3 excellent A levels than 4 OK ones. That said, if the unis have said Physics may be to your advantage, it may be worth polishing up your grade a little depending on what you got at AS.
Ultimately I'd advise talking to your tutor/teacher/whoever's in charge of UCAS and careers as they know you better than anyone on here could, and will probably be able to give you some good advice.
Hopefully this helps, or at least gives you something to think about :smile:

Thanks a lot, I actually like physics my my teacher is really bad and I am studying basically by myself. ))))
Original post by Lizochek
Thanks a lot, I actually like physics my my teacher is really bad and I am studying basically by myself. ))))

:frown: That sucks, are there any better physics teachers you could ask for help from?
Reply 4
Any links or tips on Physics AS practicals . A quick reponse would be apprexiated as i have my exam in a few days time.

Quick Reply

Latest