The Student Room Group

Veterinary Nursing vs Human Nursing

Hi!
I'm currently on the road to becoming a veterinary nurse, however I am seriously considering jumping ship into human nursing.
I feel that there is more expanse for moving forward with nursing, I am fascinated by medicine but surgery is currently my favourite part of veterinary nursing and so being a scrub nurse is something that interests me a lot.
I was just wondering if there is anyone on here who has jumped ship, from/to either of the professions and what your reasons were?
I would be going from a full time job back to being a student which would not be fun haha but money is not a motivator for me.
Thank you to anyone who has something to say! (:
I would advise you to follow your heart .On my part Im going for veterinary
i am like that too i dont know what to pick veterinary nuring or human nurseing i feel like vet nursing is harder.i wold need some advice if anyone out there can help me.thank you
but love animals very much.
Reply 4
You may find scrub nursing not quite as exciting as you’re imagining. A scrub nurses main role during an operation is to hand over the instruments to the surgeon and that’s as hands on as it gets where as with veterinary nursing there’s more hands on things you would be able to do like minor procedures and putting in stitches etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending