The Student Room Group

Maths at Queen Mary University?

Any current student's at QMUL able to let me know on how they're finding it, I'm in a position at the moment with 4C's at As, so I will try my best to bring the Maths to an A if possible even an A* and the fact that I have dropped one subject at As gives me more time to spend on maths; what are the contact hours? and how are the maths lectures at QMUL? I've been to the open day and really liked the vibe I got their but I don't think I stand a chance due to the entry requirements being AAB, but when looking at the league tables it doesn't seem impressive when looking at the rankings with it only being 1 up on Brunel and when comparing the entry standards to that of reading, leicester, keele, kent, the student satisfaction is quite concerning to me as well:

http://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings?s=Mathematics

but that doesn't bother me due to the reputation of the uni but it does seem weird, I have an interest between Brunel and QMUL so depending on what I get by the end of the year I hope to make the right choice or may even take a gap year and reply with achieved grades.
Reply 1
Bump
Reply 2
I've also applied to do maths at QMUL and would love to hear from students there. I'm quite nervous about getting the grades tho. Did u get an offer there?

Quick Reply

Latest