The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL Medicine Applicants 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MGM
What did the e-mail say? Do they want you to send in references or did it just ask for a list of your work experience placements?

They told me to provide the dates, contact details and a short summary (1-2 sentences about what I did during each placement). They suggested to put this into a table.
Did you get one?
I'm pretty sure I did badly in the bmat :frown:
(edited 8 years ago)
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Anyone get an email asking for UMS?
Original post by exoticmedgirl_2017

I got an email asking for module grades
Reply 63
Original post by thatcooldude2.0
They told me to provide the dates, contact details and a short summary (1-2 sentences about what I did during each placement). They suggested to put this into a table.
Did you get one?
I'm pretty sure I did badly in the bmat :frown:

Not yet but some of my work experience was ages ago and I'm not sure I could get references, a list of dates would be okay.

I'm dreading next Wednesday. My essay was horrendous.
Reply 64
Original post by blxckatoro

What are your stats if you don't mind me asking?:smile:
Original post by Hydeman
298* for UK/EU. :smile: There's a total of 322 in most years, with 24 of those being reserved for internationals.

Do you know what the numbers of applicants are like? I can't imagine too many people would apply to study medicine in the UK given the extortionate upfront fees. I mean, if there are only 100 international applicants, those are better odds (~4:1) than the odds for international applicants (~8:1). However, I'm speculating -- the actual numbers of international applicants might be higher.

And these ratios are probably worse than the actual ratios because they'll tend to over-offer just in case people don't firm them or miss their grades on results day, so the number of offers will be greater than 322 anyway. I hope that's some consolation. :smile:

Hi! Im a first year medical student at UCL (international). On the day of my interview they told us that roughly 750 international students applied for medicine at UCL that year, and they were looking to give about 40 offers.

Feel free to ask any questions about the application process at UCL :smile:
Original post by UCLMedic15
Hi! Im a first year medical student at UCL (international). On the day of my interview they told us that roughly 750 international students applied for medicine at UCL that year, and they were looking to give about 40 offers.

Hi, can I ask what your grades were? BMAT too :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 0livvia

Gcses 12A*s 3As
AS 5As
A2 predictions 5A*s

But I doubt this has anything to do with the request
Do UCL have our BMAT results already? If we got an email asking about module details, maybe that could mean we're past the BMAT stage. :smile:
Reply 69
Original post by masryman97
Do UCL have our BMAT results already? If we got an email asking about module details, maybe that could mean we're past the BMAT stage. :smile:

I don't think they have it yet, and they randomly ask applicants for UMS marks don't they?
I'm not completely sure, I don't think anyone is:tongue:
Good luck 4 bmat results tho!!
Original post by exoticmedgirl_2017

Original post by 0livvia

Original post by UCLMedic15

Original post by silverskyx
Hi, can I ask what your grades were? BMAT too :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Azula
I don't think they have it yet, and they randomly ask applicants for UMS marks don't they?
I'm not completely sure, I don't think anyone is:tongue:
Good luck 4 bmat results tho!!

Guys what were your AS Percentages? I wanna get a feel of what good percentages are in comparison to UCL medicine applicants.
Original post by 
Guys what were your AS Percentages? I wanna get a feel of what good percentages are in comparison to UCL medicine applicants.

Chill out mate
Original post by 

You really need to calm down
Reply 73
To hopefully answer your queries and concerns regarding UMS scores, we have uploaded a voting poll on this page where you can anonymously select your UMS score from the list and compare your results with other applicants.

Please remember to enter your AVERAGE UMS score (as a percentage) across all of your AS subjects.

Poll closes on the 5th December!

Page:
UCL Medicine Applicants' UMS Scores Poll 2016
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by masryman97
Chill out mate

You really need to calm down

I am 'calm' or 'chilled', just because you associate big letters with me being loud doesn't mean I am being loud.
It just means I simply increased the size of the text.
Reply 75
Original post by 
I am 'calm' or 'chilled', just because you associate big letters with me being loud doesn't mean I am being loud.
It just means I simply increased the size of the text.

Your large text is kind of unnecessary.
Reply 76
Does anyone else actually care about other applicants' UMS scores? I really don't :colonhash:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Azula
Does anyone else actually care about other applicants' UMS scores? I really don't :colonhash:

I know right, it makes no difference what others got.
Original post by 

Wow. What a hypocritical bully.
Reply 79
Original post by 

looool :ahee:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending