The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL offer holders 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by pablobravo95
Unconditional offer here to study Social Sciences :biggrin: Anyone else?

Apparently, it's a new programme as of this year and I am having my doubts about firming it. Still waiting to hear back from LSE (Sociology) and Edinburgh Uni (Sociology). Would really really appreciate feedback, not being able to make up my mind is killing me. Which of these institutions has a better reputation in the social sciences? Will the 9000 pounds/year loan be worth it over free education in Scotland? AHHH DECISIONS

Congratulations! Would you mind sharing your stats?
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
I've heard from UCL about one month ago. For computer science G400
Computer science offer holder here. So excited 😁
Unconditional offer here to study Social Sciences :biggrin: Anyone else?

Apparently, it's a new programme as of this year and I am having my doubts about firming it. Still waiting to hear back from LSE (Sociology) and Edinburgh Uni (Sociology). Would really really appreciate feedback, not being able to make up my mind is killing me. Which of these institutions has a better reputation in the social sciences? Will the 9000 pounds/year loan be worth it over free education in Scotland? AHHH DECISIONS DECISIONS.

Well done :biggrin: LSE is more prestigous but the course seems so fun- do you me mind me asking your predicted grades ?
Got PPE offer!
Original post by Sugar_1998
Well done :biggrin: LSE is more prestigous but the course seems so fun- do you me mind me asking your predicted grades ?
Thank you!! I already finished high school in Spain 2 years ago so there's no need for predicted grades in my case. I had an average of 97.9% between all subjects. Don't know if that helps. I already firmed UCL, I'm so excited!
Thank you!! I already finished high school in Spain 2 years ago so there's no need for predicted grades in my case. I had an average of 97.9% between all subjects. Don't know if that helps. I already firmed UCL, I'm so excited!

I bet its gonna be do hype and all the modules are so interesting :smile:
Got an offer for History a couple of weeks ago!
Do you guys think I should take my Durham (University College) offer or my UCL offer for History? Really struggling!
I have recently got an offer to study Statistics, Economics and Finance at UCL, currently trying to decide between this course, Economics at Warwick and Bocconi's Economics, Management and Computer Science (this is an Italian university- much lower costs and they gave me a scholarship). Could anybody give me an insight on UCL? What is the course like? The syllabus seems mostly statistics, is there a focus on the other modules as well? Thank you!
Original post by Tortoises172
Do you guys think I should take my Durham (University College) offer or my UCL offer for History? Really struggling!

Id go Durham I have friends doing History there and they love it so much they say the city is amazing and all the lecturers are great
Hi all,

I recieved an offer from UCL for Management Science about a week ago. I was wondering whether anyone had any information regarding the post offers open day for this course. Or if anyone else has an offer for this course we could get in touch.

Many Thanks
Harry
Original post by chem@uni
Id go Durham I have friends doing History there and they love it so much they say the city is amazing and all the lecturers are great

Thanks for the advice :smile: it's just that Durham is so small! And not as prestigious as UCL?
Thanks for the advice :smile: it's just that Durham is so small! And not as prestigious as UCL?

What is prestige going to do for you specifically?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got my Meng computing offer a couple weeks ago. I'm doing AP's and SAT's, and my offer is 55554(over the last 2 years of high school), of which I already have 5543(from last year), and I'm taking 5 exams this year, so as long as I get 2 5's I'm good. It's really a stupidly easy offer. I'm not sure whether to firm UCL and put King's(unconditional) as my insurance, or to firm Imperial(their offer is 5's in both parts of Physics C and a 2 in Step 1) and put UCL as my insurance. I'm pretty sure I'll meet UCL's offer, and I don't want to go to King's, but I'm worried about finding housing in london, if I firm Imperial, but don't meet their offer. I also have an offer from Warwick(5's on both parts of physics C, and a 4 in Lit), but I would rather be at a city university. Any advice?
Original post by Princepieman
What is prestige going to do for you specifically?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm doing history and I'd like to go into a career in the UN/ diplomacy etc so could be useful in that respect? Especially with UCL's international edge. Not that Durham is bad, obviously, especially not for history.

I got to Durham I wouldnt say it is that small and Newcastle is only 10 minutes away on the train
I'm doing history and I'd like to go into a career in the UN/ diplomacy etc so could be useful in that respect? Especially with UCL's international edge. Not that Durham is bad, obviously, especially not for history.

Interesting. Although, the diplomatic service is UK based (FCO), and I'm fairly certain they will have heard of both of the best unis the country. Likewise, the UN is actually not as elitist as you may think. Most employees there don't have degrees from sparkling universities.
Hey guys! I've heard a ton of stuff about choosing not to go to a city uni if you want the full university experience. What are your opinions on that? I'm too scared to firm my offer to a London uni rn lol
Original post by Freetree64
Hey guys! I've heard a ton of stuff about choosing not to go to a city uni if you want the full university experience. What are your opinions on that? I'm too scared to firm my offer to a London uni rn lol

Same ^^

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending