The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Manchester Uni, Engineering with integrated foundation year-interview

Scroll to see replies

Original post by philo-jitsu
What school are you looking to progress onto....what's your educational background?

And when you say process....what do you mean? how the course is assessed and how you progress onto the following year?

I'm currently on the course but could do with more specific questions to give better answers :-)

Hey, are you on this foundation school right now?
I am looking to go into aerospace engineering after this foundation year
what will be required for the interview and who would interview me
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Original post by lennyzoo
Hey, are you on this foundation school right now?
I am looking to go into aerospace engineering after this foundation year
what will be required for the interview and who would interview me

Yes Im currently on it.

You will be interviewed by one of my lecturers who are all awesome and approachable, just show enthusiasm and don't say anything dumb, and you should be fine provided you have adequate educational background. Also it would probably help to know why you want to do aerospace engineering.

Whats your educational background, are you a mature student or are you doing A levels, or both?

The course in general is very good, the physics classes go into greater detail than A levels and there methods of assessment are better in my opinion, less memorising chunks of text and more application based questions. Also all tutors have an open door policy so you can go ask about anything provided they aren't teaching or very busy.
Yes Im currently on it.

You will be interviewed by one of my lecturers who are all awesome and approachable, just show enthusiasm and don't say anything dumb, and you should be fine provided you have adequate educational background. Also it would probably help to know why you want to do aerospace engineering.

Whats your educational background, are you a mature student or are you doing A levels, or both?

The course in general is very good, the physics classes go into greater detail than A levels and there methods of assessment are better in my opinion, less memorising chunks of text and more application based questions. Also all tutors have an open door policy so you can go ask about anything provided they aren't teaching or very busy.

yeh my educational background isnt that strong cause i dont do maths or physics at a levels but no im not a mature student but i must get onto this degree
yeh my educational background isnt that strong cause i dont do maths or physics at a levels but no im not a mature student but i must get onto this degree

Your best bet is to call the department and check your grades meet there requirements.
Your best bet is to call the department and check your grades meet there requirements.

im at interview stage right now...
im at interview stage right now...

Ah, you should be fine then, cant see them inviting for an interview if your grades aren't adequate.
So obviously in my Personal Statement I've made it clear what I want to do after the foundation year ie Chem eng; will I get a chem eng lecturer interviewing me?

Cheers

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending