The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tom.x.Gotze
Reckon that Sanchez is a hit at the Arsenal Xmas party, busting out the moves.

have you seen his instagram recently :rofl:
Original post by swirly
have you seen his instagram recently :rofl:

Nah, I am not aware, what has he been up to? :lol:
Original post by Tom.x.Gotze
Nah, I am not aware, what has he been up to? :lol:

being out injured has got to him :lol:

https://www.instagram.com/p/_pEP2Li6cb/?taken-by=alexis_officia1
It'll be typical arsenal if the team suddenly stopped playing. It's as if everyone wants to prove that Wenger is dog ****e

Man this guy is on some good green.
Reply 1786
Everyone goes on about how this time last year, Chelsea were so far ahead because they were playing exceptional champaign football.

People say that we're only where we are, and only have a shot at the title, because everyone else is playing so ****.

When the truth is that this time last year, after 17 games, Chelsea had only three points more than we currently do, one more than Leicester.

That's with a really injury hit squad too..

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
But you are where you because everyone's been so ****.
I am really liking how Joel Campbell seems to just be putting in really good shifts for us, nothing exceptional, but plays for the team. We have really needed the depth for a while and attacking-wise I think we are good enough now. But against the best opposition, we really need the CDM depth sorted. Having Coquelin as the only good CDM is asking for trouble.
Original post by SA-1
Everyone goes on about how this time last year, Chelsea were so far ahead because they were playing exceptional champaign football.

People say that we're only where we are, and only have a shot at the title, because everyone else is playing so ****.

When the truth is that this time last year, after 17 games, Chelsea had only three points more than we currently do, one more than Leicester.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No Chelsea were so far ahead because we were consistent and everybody else was terrible, that's what was said last season too.

It's the same situation for you lot. But you're not even first so I don't really see the issue here. By this point we had already started our decline though.
ffs when newspapers repost caughtoffside rumours

sounds like we've signed some sand ***** from Basel though.
Let's hope there isn't a repeat of summer 2013 when we chase pretty much every player and their agents all go "nah you're ****, you'll injure him and he'll get disgruntled"
all the jokers weve had in goal and now look at Petr!

cheers Jose!!!
Original post by swirly
ffs when newspapers repost caughtoffside rumours

Not as bad as the Daily Mail reporting that Blackett was coming back because of a rumour started by a fake twitter account
Only worry for me is Ozil. If he stays fit all season, we're hot favourites for the league. If he gets injured, well, it'll be top 4 again.
Reply 1795
Unless Sanchez finds hot form again ^

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SA-1

Posted from TSR Mobile

Faults always trying to be found in Arsenal
Original post by SA-1

Posted from TSR Mobile

To be honest, 5-10 years ago you were looking at 90 points for a typical title winner

04/05 - Chelsea 95 points
05/06 - Chelsea 91 points
06/07 - Man Utd 89 points
07/08 - Man Utd 87 points
08/09 - Man Utd 90 points

Dropped a little after that but still high 80s generally. So teams should be around 40 points by now. That said, Arsenal aren't that far off like you say.
Reply 1798
Predictions for tonight?

I'm saying 2-0 or 3-0 win.
Reply 1799
Original post by Zerforax
To be honest, 5-10 years ago you were looking at 90 points for a typical title winner

04/05 - Chelsea 95 points
05/06 - Chelsea 91 points
06/07 - Man Utd 89 points
07/08 - Man Utd 87 points
08/09 - Man Utd 90 points

Dropped a little after that but still high 80s generally. So teams should be around 40 points by now. That said, Arsenal aren't that far off like you say.

Yeah it feels like the title will be won at around 80 points this season. We really need to have a really hot start to calender year, like we did last year. Then we'll definitely win.

Ideally, we need the title won before we go to the Ethiad - which is our penultimate game.

Latest