The Student Room Group

PGCE Area of Concern

I have started my Primary PGCE this September and I begun my first placement 3 weeks ago, my first observation was last Monday, so that's after 2 full weeks in school and about 1 week of teaching experience as I did not teach in the first week.
My observation did not go very well at all and I have been given an area of concern, meaning I will need to improve within a two week period or the school will withdraw me and I will therefore fail the placement.
I have been given clear targets for improvement which were basically all of Teacher Standard 7 including classroom presence and management. I had an informal observation yesterday Friday 13th =/ but was told I had made a massive improvement but there is still a long way to go, in terms the energy and fun factor that I bring to the classroom.
I just wanted to know if there are any ideas for a fun filled lesson for a reception class where I would be able to demonstrate great energy the children will enjoy and still learn, but also something not too crazy as I am still rocky with my classroom management and presence.

My observation will last half an hour, it will be straight after playtime when children will come in and have a snack and story time, I will read a story to them, so story ideas would help too! The current theme of this term is celebrations, so anything that could link to that would be good! Even the choice of story. I have considered doing a circle time where they would need to discuss a special time where they have celebrated and describe a special place. This is what is on the schools current term overview for my year group.
The first observation was a phonics lessons so would you suggest another phonics lesson to show how I've improved?
Any suggestions would be very useful! I really don't want to fail! It's just the beginning ):

Quick Reply

Latest