The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

PGCE Primary/Secondary Chat Thread 20/21

Hi All,

Thought I make a thread for those who are interviewing/accepted offer/place onto PGCE courses and to network before the course starts.

Introduce yourselves and the course that applied for as well. I applied and accepted PGCE Secondary Computing at MMU this September :smile:
Hi,I've applied to the PGCE Primary in Cardiff Met. I have an interview next week
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Reply 2
Original post by anamaria0902
Hi,I've applied to the PGCE Primary in Cardiff Met. I have an interview next week

Good luck :smile: any advice needed let me know
Any advice or tips would be extremely helpful, thank you. ☺️
Reply 4
Any advice or tips would be extremely helpful, thank you. ☺️

My advice would be know your passion in teaching, read any relevant articles on challenges faced by education sector. This will show in the interview part.

Read any prepartions that university you applying to ask for and be yourself.
Reply 5
Original post by eplayer78
Hi All,

Thought I make a thread for those who are interviewing/accepted offer/place onto PGCE courses and to network before the course starts.

Introduce yourselves and the course that applied for as well. I applied and accepted PGCE Secondary Computing at MMU this September :smile:

Hey

If you don't mind me asking whats your undegrad in? As I had a small computer science topic on my undergrad course but never considered applying for it.

Ive been given a conditional for PGCE Primary with QTS (also at Manchester University) so just need to decide between both. Feel like choosing MMU mainly because they seem to respond to emails quicker.

Application/interview:
Felt it went fairly well, know about wider issues. Video call. I feel the process is more lenient this year ad there's no skills test and its not face to face.

Concerns:
Placement travel.
Mental Health - stress/anxiety and depression but mainly caused by being in jobs I haven't enjoyed.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by Ash1234
Hey

If you don't mind me asking whats your undegrad in? As I had a small computer science topic on my undergrad course but never considered applying for it.

Ive been given a conditional for PGCE Primary with QTS (also at Manchester University) so just need to decide between both. Feel like choosing MMU mainly because they seem to respond to emails quicker.

Application/interview:
Felt it went fairly well, know about wider issues. Video call. I feel the process is more lenient this year ad there's no skills test and its not face to face.

Concerns:
Placement travel.
Mental Health - stress/anxiety and depression but mainly caused by being in jobs I haven't enjoyed.

Hi Ash

No worries, I have a masters in IT Management and BSc Hons in Business Information Technology.

Agree with the points above and found my interview quite welcoming, I have been doing my research on the programme and seems quite interesting,

Good luck as well.
Hi, I've been offered a conditional place in Cardiff and I've accepted so just waiting to hear back from them 😊
Reply 8
Hi, I've been offered a conditional place in Cardiff and I've accepted so just waiting to hear back from them 😊

Hi Ana

Well done and congratulations again
Hi, I may be on the complete wrong thread but I’m looking into pgce’s for next year (trying to be organised) I’m in my 3rd year of early childhood studies now (open university) and I work at a school school full time as a TA/1-1 I’m wondering how I can go about doing my teachers training/ Pgce with qt while staying at the place I work as I am reluctant to leave? I haven’t discuses this with the head yet as I’m not sure what I’m really discussing without some help. Hoping someone can shed light on how i could do this, if not I’m wondering if I go to uni and do my Pgce could I used my main placement as the school and just volunteer for a year and then do another placement a few weeks somewhere else but primarily want to use that school as my main placement and not to leave if I can go about it that way. Any advice would be extremely helpful as I’ve looked on Google and don’t understand.Thanks in advance!! :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by Lewisn20x
Hi, I may be on the complete wrong thread but I’m looking into pgce’s for next year (trying to be organised) I’m in my 3rd year of early childhood studies now (open university) and I work at a school school full time as a TA/1-1 I’m wondering how I can go about doing my teachers training/ Pgce with qt while staying at the place I work as I am reluctant to leave? I haven’t discuses this with the head yet as I’m not sure what I’m really discussing without some help. Hoping someone can shed light on how i could do this, if not I’m wondering if I go to uni and do my Pgce could I used my main placement as the school and just volunteer for a year and then do another placement a few weeks somewhere else but primarily want to use that school as my main placement and not to leave if I can go about it that way. Any advice would be extremely helpful as I’ve looked on Google and don’t understand.Thanks in advance!! :smile:

Hi there, i hope youre well. I just wanted to ask if you were able to use your place of work as a placement. I am planning to do my PGCE in sept and im in the same boat as you. thanks:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending