The Student Room Group

Biology questions

My biology teacher cannot teach well and has not thought this to us so I need some help with these questions explanations as well please. image.jpg
Reply 1
It seems like question 6 is a failure because in DNA, pyramidines must add up to 50%, and purines must add up to the other 50%. This is because A must pair with T, and G must pair with C. if you have 29.5% pyramidines, that means you have 70.5% purines, which they are not able to pair up. This is unless the question is referring to a single strand of DNA.
Reply 2
Original post by hknobody
It seems like question 6 is a failure because in DNA, pyramidines must add up to 50%, and purines must add up to the other 50%. This is because A must pair with T, and G must pair with C. if you have 29.5% pyramidines, that means you have 70.5% purines, which they are not able to pair up. This is unless the question is referring to a single strand of DNA.

Yes my teAcher said that the question was not written correctly as this was talking about a double helix strand of dna but thanks for the reply

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending