The Student Room Group

Can I get funding for a second degree in Marine Biology, part-time?

Please can someone advise if part-time Marine Biology BSc degrees are subject to the ELQ exemption rule please? The courses of interest are either at Chester University or Salford University.
Thank you!
Original post by MuddledRose
Please can someone advise if part-time Marine Biology BSc degrees are subject to the ELQ exemption rule please? The courses of interest are either at Chester University or Salford University.
Thank you!

Hi there,

I don't see a part time course for Marine Biology at The University of Chester unless it's a postgraduate one you're looking to study? If not, can you confirm the specific course name (and code if possible)?

The University of Salford one does look to be an exception. Thanks, Jason
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Jason
Hi there,

I don't see a part time course for Marine Biology at The University of Chester unless it's a postgraduate one you're looking to study? If not, can you confirm the specific course name (and code if possible)?

The University of Salford one does look to be an exception. Thanks, Jason

Hi Jason,

Thanks so much for your reply.

Please can I ask, with it being an exemption course, would that mean that I would be entitled to a part-time maintenance loan as well (aligned with household income), or would it just mean that tuition fees are paid?

Also, would the course at Salford still be an exemption course if I had to take it with the foundation year please?

Lastly, here is the link for Chester:

https://www1.chester.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/marine-biology?campus=&mode=33822&course=
Hi Jason,

Thanks so much for your reply.

Please can I ask, with it being an exemption course, would that mean that I would be entitled to a part-time maintenance loan as well (aligned with household income), or would it just mean that tuition fees are paid?

Also, would the course at Salford still be an exemption course if I had to take it with the foundation year please?

Lastly, here is the link for Chester:

https://www1.chester.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/marine-biology?campus=&mode=33822&course=

Thanks. It's maybe because it's a September 2024 course as the 24/25 courses are not yet on the database to confirm eligibility. If the course attracts maintenance loan then yes, you'd be entitled to this. If the foundation year is part of the degree then that would be classed as an exception. Thanks, Jason
Thank you!

Hi @MuddledRose

It's great to hear that you are interested in the Marine Biology BSc here at Chester 🙂

Hopefully @SFE Jason has been able to answer your funding related question, but if you have any other questions specific to the course or studying at UoC don't hesitate to let us know!

Best wishes,
Becky
Thank you!

Hello @MuddledRose,

Amazing to see that you have an interest in studying our BSc (Hons) Marine Biology (Part-time) at the University of Salford

Hopefully @SFE Jason managed to answer your question.

If you have any other questions or queries in regards to the University of Salford or our BSc (Hons) Marine Biology (Part-time) course, do not hesitate to get in touch.

Best wishes,
Matt - University of Salford Representative

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending