The Student Room Group

Fallen in love with a friend

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TSRforum
Is there any other girl he talks to more than you?

he has other female friends of course, but i don't think he's talking to anyone else romantically. As we are really good friends we would usually discuss things like that and he hasn't brang up another female since we've been in this flirting zone thing
Original post by Anonymous
In such a similar situation with my best guy friend. But he's gone to uni so I'm trying to move on...
But if I was you, TELL HER!!!! If I was her, I would want to know. I think its only natural for girl and guy friends to get romantic feelings for each other at some point. If she is truly your friend, she will either feel the same or will remain just friends.

The guy I'm talking about has also gone away to uni but we've remained in contact.. hopefully the same happens for you..
I fell in love with my best friend too. He was the same, sometimes I thought he liked me, sometimes I didn't... Eventually I texted him saying "call me Sherlock Holmes, but I think there might be something going on between us..."

A year later we're planning our wedding :biggrin:
Original post by Mildred Gumption
I fell in love with my best friend too. He was the same, sometimes I thought he liked me, sometimes I didn't... Eventually I texted him saying "call me Sherlock Holmes, but I think there might be something going on between us..."

A year later we're planning our wedding :biggrin:

Awwwww haha you are my goals right now! Although we'd probably delay the wedding planning as we're only 19 going on 20 at the moment :biggrin: Congratulations and good luck with everything
This is my exact fear. Have you had any experiences?

Can I just say been with my current girlfriend nearly four months now and before we were best friends for over 2 years.
Awwwww haha you are my goals right now! Although we'd probably delay the wedding planning as we're only 19 going on 20 at the moment :biggrin: Congratulations and good luck with everything

Don't let age put you off! We're 19 too :smile: But thank you, I'm mega happy.

So ffs tell him! Life's too short to waste time on what-ifs.
Reply 46
litterally, unless of course the miracle happens where they feel the same way and we all live happily ever after! Lets hope that does happen for the both of us..

Well I do hope it will happen for you too. It's dead for me, I've more chances to become a millionnaire tomorrow.
Original post by Mildred Gumption
Don't let age put you off! We're 19 too :smile: But thank you, I'm mega happy.

So ffs tell him! Life's too short to waste time on what-ifs.

I'm not too bothered about our age but only because we've had the settling down conversation before and he mentioned he wanted to wait till early/mid twenties.
Yeah you are right.. As I've mentioned we've got our date in two weeks.. I'm going to see where the conversation takes us that day! :wink:
Original post by Rock Fan
Can I just say been with my current girlfriend nearly four months now and before we were best friends for over 2 years.

You give me hope :smile:
I'm not too bothered about our age but only because we've had the settling down conversation before and he mentioned he wanted to wait till early/mid twenties.
Yeah you are right.. As I've mentioned we've got our date in two weeks.. I'm going to see where the conversation takes us that day! :wink:

Good luck!
Just tell him and see.

If that jeapordises the relationship (which imo it inherently does but such a r/s in untenable anyway), then so be it.

But I know how you feel, OP, good luck. :h:
Original post by Rock Fan

That's amazing :h:

I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants an update after the date?! :wink: Really hope it goes well for you!
I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants an update after the date?! :wink: Really hope it goes well for you!

haha no worries, an update will be posted when I get home on the 1st of December
I fell for one of my friends a few years ago and we entered the flirty zone. Turned out he actually felt the same way so we gave it a bit of a chance but I felt I did want to jeopardise the friendship so decided to try and stay friends. As we were super, super close before, things (after a while of a bit of awkwardness) went back to normal. So even if it doesn't work out then if it's a strong friendship then you could come out relatively unscathed :smile:
Original post by kpizzle17
I fell for one of my friends a few years ago and we entered the flirty zone. Turned out he actually felt the same way so we gave it a bit of a chance but I felt I did want to jeopardise the friendship so decided to try and stay friends. As we were super, super close before, things (after a while of a bit of awkwardness) went back to normal. So even if it doesn't work out then if it's a strong friendship then you could come out relatively unscathed :smile:

I think we are half way there at the moment, just waiting for each other to say something.. I hope it does work out, but if not I couldn't be happier than if I ended up in a situation like yours and we got over it and stayed as friends.. I haven't mentioned before but as he is also my neighbour I wouldn't want things to get awkward
Original post by raniafern
I'll have you know that I've never dated anyone. Neither do I have any experience in relationships... (Disclaimer over :biggrin: )

However IMO, I think he does like you, but is afraid of showing it, 'coz he isn't sure of how you feel...

Temme how it works out... *not-so-secretly roots for you guys* :smile: Good luck!

I hope you are right, I get that vibe too.. but then I'm always unsure because he's not clear enough..

I should really just send him a link to this post thread! :biggrin::colondollar:

I will update, Thank you!
Original post by TSRforum
Don't ever make the first move, that's for him to do, not you.:lolwut:

That's outdated *******s.

Also OP if you're as close as you say then even if he says no you'll just get a short period of awkwardness then be back to normal. :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Iridann
That's outdated *******s.

Also OP if you're as close as you say then even if he says no you'll just get a short period of awkwardness then be back to normal. :smile:

So you'd say I should open up? or just continue to drop hints and wait for him to respond?
What you're saying is true, its just really scary
Original post by raniafern
If you need poetry, I could pen something down :smile: To check out a few (non-romantic ones) click below:

raniafernandes.webs.com

Thank you but we are not really poetry kind of people, although I'd know where to look if I ever needed it now :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending