The Student Room Group

I'm not Racist BUT..

Scroll to see replies

Original post by balanced
Statistically you're correct. Crime in Germany rose 65% after they took migrants, Rotherham, Bradford, Banbury, Oxford, Birmingham have all had a rape crisis (where at least 90% of the rapists were Asian)

Post the source to your statistic please, it's probably bull**** like all the other ones i've encountered in the past
Reply 61
Original post by LeftWingMoron
It's important to remember that not all creepy guys are creeps.

More importantly most creeps aren't (obviously/ overtly)creepy.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 62
Original post by Gears265
Funny how you forget to mention the Arab and Pakistani populations who have a very high rate of sexual abuse and preversion

Wasn't one of the grooming gangs Pakistani?

The OP is mostly anecdotal. Funny how you can't see that
To
Original post by Vikingninja
As in the point of going on about me being grammatically incorrect in a thread about sexual harassment etc in relation to culture.

Spoiler

To some extent this is true, but to associate the actions of a fee to many doesn't mean that all "foreign" guys are perverse weirdos. I don't think it's to do with cultural differences either, I'd say it's down to the individual or individuals twisted thoughts. It would be interesting to know cultures that have such norms.
Original post by Bealzibub
but they did groom south asian girls too

there are too many asian gangs in the UK. we're definitely referring to different gangs.

[video="youtube;ajSqsiyiXyg"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajSqsiyiXyg[/video]

This is another asian gang. There are just too many of them out there. The police are not doing anything.

[video="youtube;6dPqvVvhnZE"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dPqvVvhnZE[/video]

This too is another gang. All programmes were produced by the BBC.

[video="youtube;_3VgMeqNWHg"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3VgMeqNWHg[/video]
Original post by dairychocolate
So does the Milky Way.

What are you on about, he said something like I never new Indians had a problem, and I explained that it included the middle east.
Original post by Mjølnir
fyi the people we're supposed to be hating right now are muslims.

Why a whole religion, most don't follow the qu'ran as it's written.
Original post by Smonnie
Yes, it's mostly Muslims.

Quite a narrow satement to have made. Why is that an act of an individual suddenly defines the behaviour of a whole group- hasn't education taught us to think beyond borders. I wonder if such statements are a result of culture/ upbringing.
Original post by SKHSSTUDENT
Quite a narrow satement to have made. Why is that an act of an individual suddenly defines the behaviour of a whole group- hasn't education taught us to think beyond borders. I wonder if such statements are a result of culture/ upbringing.

Except it's not individuals, is it? It's entire nations whose values and legal system are build on Muslim beliefs, and where women are sentenced to stoning in the worst cases, and subject to belittled, demeaning behaviour daily. It's siloed subcultures within European countries where there are, annually, multiple examples of gang rape.

The Indian subcontinent is about 100 years out of date with regard to its attitude (generally, because we have to generalise when discussing these topics) to women, homosexuality, treatment of youth, and many other concerns.

I am capable of 'thinking beyond borders' - however, such broad, forward-thinking attitudes are not prevalent in the societies I have mentioned.

Please refrain from commenting upon my upbringing: it's childish, and undermines your argument.
Reply 74
Original post by hamamamamama
"im not racist BUT .." *says something racist*

Not necessarily. It's acceptable to notice patterns of behaviour in groups.
Original post by Repsol
Not really. She made an observation about how some ethnic minorities in her area seem to hold different values in relation to how they treat women. Not racist at all, she's just pointing out that we don't all have the same set of cultural standards.

Isn't that incredibly obvious...?
Original post by SallyMae
has anyone noticed that some foreign guys (especially from African, Indian, or some Eastern European countries) in the UK these days are often pretty creepy/harassing women? Maybe it's a cultural difference idk though obviously you get English guys who are weirdos too. You get things like grooming gangs etc.

There are places in my city I won't even walk if I'm dressed really conservatively (and I'm an ethnic minority girl myself, no I don't vote UKIP lol) because you get groups of guys staring and acting very dodgily or even following you. Weirdly those are either the really deprived gang areas or the Muslim ones though Muslims are meant to be conservative. My white friend was on her way home from a job interview and stopped at a takeaway which was empty, and the guys working there apparently started talking about how they'd like to rape her in Hindi, they didn't realise she could speak it because she's been to India :eek: She apparently ran out.

Every time I go to London and am in Victoria Coach Station there's always some travelling guy waiting for his coach harassing women dodgily, you see some on the Tube too. My best friend is mixed race and from London and apparently some Kenyan guy who could barely speak English sat on the bus next to her the other day and started rubbing up against her and trying to talk to her.

My parents are from a different culture but here I dont think multiculturalism works

Thats the reason. Immigrants from those countries tend to be working class mostly so they live in dodgy areas and dodgy areas contain dodgy people. Thats all there is to it. It has nothing to do with culture.
Original post by SKHSSTUDENT

Gone quiet now, pal.
Original post by Smonnie
Except it's not individuals, is it? It's entire nations whose values and legal system are build on Muslim beliefs, and where women are sentenced to stoning in the worst cases, and subject to belittled, demeaning behaviour daily. It's siloed subcultures within European countries where there are, annually, multiple examples of gang rape.

The Indian subcontinent is about 100 years out of date with regard to its attitude (generally, because we have to generalise when discussing these topics) to women, homosexuality, treatment of youth, and many other concerns.

I am capable of 'thinking beyond borders' - however, such broad, forward-thinking attitudes are not prevalent in the societies I have mentioned.

Please refrain from commenting upon my upbringing: it's childish, and undermines your argument.

But I don't see Indian (or, at least, Sikh/Hindu ) rape gangs in European countries, to be honest.

What Sikhs and Hindus do in India isn't really applicable to what they do in the UK, hence why you see that Indians are amongst the most law-abiding and prosperous ethnicities in England despite coming from a country which is generally not very prosperous or particularly law-abiding.

Also, just to clear something up, India's legal system is out of date but it's not based on 'Muslim beliefs' if that is indeed what you were implying. Muslims constitute a minority in India.
(edited 8 years ago)
To: smonnie
I had a feeling you'd say something like that- I haven't gone quite, as intresting as this debate is, I can't invest all my time into it.

Futhermore, I wouldn't make such satements about Islam before understanding (if willing) its teachings. I would suggest to avoid accepting what the media lay out because if we all left understanding to biased views thinking beyond borders would be impossible. Most countries that claim to follow islamic beliefs actually go against them.

This ideas of backward thinking is quite undermining of other cultures.

Apologies if I've offended you in anyway, not my intention.

Quick Reply

Latest