The Student Room Group

Creepy/ weird are just terms girls use for unattractive guys.

Scroll to see replies

Channing Tatum's neck is the same width as his head, I wouldn't reject a guy because the width of his head is in proportion to his neck. :colonhash:
Original post by cole-slaw
At what point, in particular, are you struggling?

Meeting women? Chatting to women? Flirting and converting?

let's say all.

Plus the guy at the beginning in the video wasn't creepy at all.
Reply 22
Original post by Longshot700
So I keep seeing posts with girls complaining how creepy guys hit on them.

Thing is, I've seen the most charming of guys hit on girls but because they aren't channing tatum, they reject them and later on start calling them creepy.

Once in the cafeteria of my college with a few people this guy came up to a girl I knew and had his hand out, posture correct and tone of voice charming as hell. She shook his hand because all egged her on and after he left she was like "why are all of the guys here so flipping creepy".

This guy wasn't exactly attractive but I knew if he was, he would've been in there. Guys, watch this video and don't fall for this dog turd please.

[video="youtube;hbeEuYAZFL4"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbeEuYAZFL4[/video]

P.s. This is a joke video made by women comedians so don't be mislead by the title.

LOL the period part was :lol:
Yeah, I do know girls like that.
Actually, I'm watching a suggestion after this vid and it's seriously opening my eyes. Anyone wanna watch this as well?

[video]https://youtu.be/HGEO6ig8WsM[/video]
Actually, I'm watching a suggestion after this vid and it's seriously opening my eyes. Anyone wanna watch this as well?

[video]https://youtu.be/HGEO6ig8WsM[/video]

Stop wasting your time watching such bull**** propaganda videos...

If you want to know about this really and understand it I suggest you talk about it to some girls :smile:
Original post by TorpidPhil
Stop wasting your time watching such bull**** propaganda videos...

If you want to know about this really and understand it I suggest you talk about it to some girls :smile:

Nah man, this video is really opening my eyes. You should watch it, the guy actually makes so much sense.

I normally don't watch 20 mins long videos but this guy is striking every point that I'm listening to every minute.
Whilst this is true in a lot of cases I imagine, it's not ALWAYS true. I've had physically attractive guys (IMO) approach me/message me online but then be inappropriate in some way and I've gone off them immediately. If someone I don't find physically attractive approached me and was perfectly nice etc I'd not call them weird/creepy but I can't help not being attracted to them :dontknow:
Original post by Cremated_Spatula
It's especially true that an attractive person can get away with a lot more than a plain looking person... very generally speaking.

I think you have a point, but as you say it is women too. Particularly when we get to middle age and suddenly look ****, whilst older men who take care of themselves can still look quite attractive.

Attractiveness is just inherently unfair. I used to be quite fat (have lost 4st), so I am extremely aware of this, and I do my very best never to treat people differently according to how they look. However, we can never completely eradicate our natural impulses.
Reply 29
Probably, but so what. Guys talking about ugly girls are not exactly using flattering vocabulary either.
Nah man, this video is really opening my eyes. You should watch it, the guy actually makes so much sense.

I normally don't watch 20 mins long videos but this guy is striking every point that I'm listening to every minute.

Come on now, you're really going to listen to a guy in a black shirt and white suit? The guy looks like an extra from a bad 1980s movie.

The bottom line is: if you act creepy, girls will find you creepy. If you act normal, girls will think you're normal.

All those bull**** psychology of dating things are just that. Bull****.

They use generic staements and the like as well as personal biases and prejudice to appeal to a mass audience in a way that makes them think "hmm, insightful", when really he's just saying truisms, or the blatantly false.

Because it's supposed to. Videos like this target your audience so as to gain popularity, they're purposefully designed to appeal to unhappiness and insecurities.

Seriously dude, did you not even read the description? I'm going to bold the words that should have lit up alarm bells in your mind.

"Veteran Pick Up Artist Tyler of (http://www.rsdnation.com) hits South Beach to reveal women's double standard towards "lovers" and "providers" and how women "beta male shame" men into submission. Discover secrets of evolutionary psychology to free yourself forever!

Veteran Pick Up Artist: Red flag. PUA is notorious on the internet. Communities based around it are bitter and misogynistic in nature, using bull**** pseudo-science to justify their black and white Matrix-esque worldview. They, like other cults (i.e Scientology) preach that they have the "secret" to change lives for the better in some manner. This is what draws in new recruits.

South Beach: Small survey range in an area where they're likely to receive the results they want.
A picturesque vacation area which the unhappy may fantasise about, same logic as basic advertising.

Double Standard: Oh, boy.This is an emotionally charged phrase if I ever saw one. This guy could be a politician, man.

Lovers And Providers: More pseudo science. A slightly dressed up theory of attraction that MRA's and PUA's like to quote, that women are only attracted to good shags and potential good fathers. Is bull****.

Beta Male: A term used to insult and degrade men who don't use aggressive rapey behaviour or push boundaries when speaking to women. See also: Alpha, the supposed ripped playboy superman that every PUA aspires to be.

Submission: Playing on rejection here. Look, rejection sucks, particularly because it leads you to focus on your own faults. But that doesn't mean that those who rejected you are deliberately plotting to "put men in their place". Maybe, uh, they just didn't want to talk to you? Because, y'know. People have their own wants and preferences.

Discover secrets of evolutionary psychology to free yourself forever! Hear that? That's a too big to be an alarm bell, more like an air raid siren.Read this as "Join us, and learn a secret that nobody else knows about something that sounds kinda scientific and smart and you'll achieve all your dreams and goals and you'll never be rejected or unhappy again. Oh, and bring your wallet too!".

Dude, you've gotta be able to recognise this ****. These people exploit, the same way as any pyramid schemer would.

There's a reason PUA's are pretty much universally hated. And no, that isn't because of "feminazi" oppression. It's because they're misguided tosspots.
(edited 8 years ago)
Come on now, you're really going to listen to a guy in a black shirt and white suit? The guy looks like an extra from a bad 1980s movie.

The bottom line is: if you act creepy, girls will find you creepy. If you act normal, girls will think you're normal.

Original post by TorpidPhil
All those bull**** psychology of dating things are just that. Bull****.

They use generic staements and the like as well as personal biases and prejudice to appeal to a mass audience in a way that makes them think "hmm, insightful", when really he's just saying truisms, or the blatantly false.

Original post by AdjectiveNoun
Because it's supposed to. Videos like this target your audience so as to gain popularity, they're purposefully designed to appeal to unhappiness and insecurities.

Seriously dude, did you not even read the description? I'm going to bold the words that should have lit up alarm bells in your mind.

"Veteran Pick Up Artist Tyler of (http://www.rsdnation.com) hits South Beach to reveal women's double standard towards "lovers" and "providers" and how women "beta male shame" men into submission. Discover secrets of evolutionary psychology to free yourself forever!

Veteran Pick Up Artist: Red flag. PUA is notorious on the internet. Communities based around it are bitter and misogynistic in nature, using bull**** pseudo-science to justify their black and white Matrix-esque worldview. They, like other cults (i.e Scientology) preach that they have the "secret" to change lives for the better in some manner. This is what draws in new recruits.

South Beach: Small survey range in an area where they're likely to receive the results they want.
A picturesque vacation area which the unhappy may fantasise about, same logic as basic advertising.

Double Standard: Oh, boy.This is an emotionally charged phrase if I ever saw one. This guy could be a politician, man.

Lovers And Providers: More pseudo science. A slightly dressed up theory of attraction that MRA's and PUA's like to quote, that women are only attracted to good shags and potential good fathers. Is bull****.

Beta Male: A term used to insult and degrade men who don't use aggressive rapey behaviour or push boundaries when speaking to women. See also: Alpha, the supposed ripped playboy superman that every PUA aspires to be.

Submission: Playing on rejection here. Look, rejection sucks, particularly because it leads you to focus on your own faults. But that doesn't mean that those who rejected you are deliberately plotting to "put men in their place". Maybe, uh, they just didn't want to talk to you? Because, y'know. People have their own wants and preferences.

Discover secrets of evolutionary psychology to free yourself forever! Hear that? That's a too big to be an alarm bell, more like an air raid siren.Read this as "Join us, and learn a secret that nobody else knows about something that sounds kinda scientific and smart and you'll achieve all your dreams and goals and you'll never be rejected or unhappy again. Oh, and bring your wallet too!".

Dude, you've gotta be able to recognise this ****. These people exploit, the same way as any pyramid schemer would.

There's a reason PUA's are pretty much universally hated. And no, that isn't because of "feminazi" oppression. It's because they're misguided tosspots.

Ok guys, fair points, What are your advices? (i didn't know how to pronounce this and I'm just gonna put advices).

Ok guys, fair points, What are your advices? (i didn't know how to pronounce this and I'm just gonna put advices).

Don't:
don't be weird, don't be creepy, don't be corny, don' be aggressive, don't be a dick, don't be misogynistic, don't be spineless.

Do:
Be nice, be cool, be confident, be friendly, be attractive, be funny, be honest.

and TALK TO GIRLS. They're humans too.

Don't "pick up" girls. Have enjoyable conversations with awesome people, like you would with your male friends. If you happen to end up in bed with one of them, that's a bonus, but your primary concern is to enjoy yourself, always.
Not even going to lie from what I have seen so far, the truth has been spoken
Reply 37
Lmao this is true.
Don't:
don't be weird, don't be creepy, don't be corny, don' be aggressive, don't be a dick, don't be misogynistic, don't be spineless.

Do:
Be nice, be cool, be confident, be friendly, be attractive, be funny, be honest.

and TALK TO GIRLS. They're humans too.

Dude, but I've seen it for myself, I've seen guys who are confident and charming talk to girls and later those girls called them "weird" or "creepy" because they weren't attractive.
be attractive

I'll believe this 24/7.

Quick Reply

Latest