The Student Room Group

question for girls

what would you do if a guy from your class you haven't spoken to before comes up to you after months and tells you ur cute and asks for your socials?

Scroll to see replies

I'd probably run.
But then that's because a guy did that once at school and he was just such a creep.

At least try to talk to her.

A random guy at school coming up to you and saying youre cute would just creep me out
I miss the days when simple one liners like that was enough...
He’s being straightforward at least, which is more than can be said for most people.
Personally, I have been approached by a guy who asked for my socials (he ended up being a creep) and I would wayy rather actually just get to know them by having conversations rather than just getting socials because it just doesn't feel as real and kinda seems like a facade when you are talking to each other when you are online like you are just trying to be cool. IMO, I would prefer in person conversations and just hanging out.
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
what would you do if a guy from your class you haven't spoken to before comes up to you after months and tells you ur cute and asks for your socials?

Honestly, I would feel a little weird.

Not that there's anything wrong with this approach. It's just down to preference. He never approached me while we shared a class. So what does he know about me beyond the superficial? I prefer someone who's also interested in my personality.

Also, something about asking for socials just seems odd. I might be old-school in that regard. Maybe if he started with 'I liked so or so about you' and asked to go out, I would agree. We can exchange numbers if the date goes well.
It probably took the poor guy months to pluck up the courage to talk to you - Don’t be mean to him!!! If you’re not comfortable giving out your socials that’s understandable but there’s no need to make him feel stupid. Just be honest and tell him you’re uncomfortable giving him the details. If you want to see if there could be anything in it, maybe suggest grabbing coffees or taking walks to get to know each other slowly. If you’re not interested just politely decline. But don’t call him a creep or be harsh. Just because he’s a guy, doesn’t mean girls can be horrible.
Reply 7
It depends on how he looks obviously. If he's goodlooking he will be welcomed. If he's not attrattive he will be a creep
Original post by Pounch
It depends on how he looks obviously. If he's goodlooking he will be welcomed. If he's not attrattive he will be a creep

Wow, the irony that you are calling HIM the creep!
Reply 9
Original post by Pounch

LOL
Original post by Emmmaaaa...
I'd probably run.
But then that's because a guy did that once at school and he was just such a creep.

At least try to talk to her.

A random guy at school coming up to you and saying youre cute would just creep me out

Thank you for replying. I don't mean to be rude or anything just want to clarify things. Wouldn't it be better to tell them you aren't interested instead of running(i know you didn't mean it literally)? What I would label as creepy is a person always staring or you find them following you or something big like that. Is a guy just telling you once they are interested and let's assume they move on after that and never try again creepy? I'm not assuming you are wrong to think the guy who approached you in school was a creep because I don't know what he did exactly.

The other day my friend told me that a guy from her class waves at her if he sees her. She doesn't find it creepy but her friends tell her it is. Is just waving at people also creepy?
Personally, I have been approached by a guy who asked for my socials (he ended up being a creep) and I would wayy rather actually just get to know them by having conversations rather than just getting socials because it just doesn't feel as real and kinda seems like a facade when you are talking to each other when you are online like you are just trying to be cool. IMO, I would prefer in person conversations and just hanging out.

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I do not want to be rude or anything, I don't know what this guy did so I won't assume anything for all I know you could be completely right to label him as a creep. Everyone has different views on dating some prefer in-person conversations others may choose other ways. I completely agree that in-person is the best way to get to know someone. Isn't telling them, you don't know them much and would rather talk to them in person before giving them your socials a better choice (I don't know how you handled the situation, so won't assume)?
The reason I asked for her socials was that she barely attends classes and isn't available to speak to. You mentioned this guy ended up being a creep, did he do something that made you label him as a creep or was it because he asked you for your socials without knowing you much? I feel a guy is easily labelled as a creep for anything they do. Creep is a vague word, how would you distinguish someone asking your socials compared to someone following you or anything huge? They both are just labelled as creeps (you could call the other guy a stalker but that's not the point I'm trying to make here).

Thanks. But I don't think this person is trying to call me a creep. He's just stating the stereotype that women find unattractive men creepy.
Please take this meme as a joke. I don't mean to offend anyone.
Thank you for replying. I don't mean to be rude or anything just want to clarify things. Wouldn't it be better to tell them you aren't interested instead of running(i know you didn't mean it literally)? What I would label as creepy is a person always staring or you find them following you or something big like that. Is a guy just telling you once they are interested and let's assume they move on after that and never try again creepy? I'm not assuming you are wrong to think the guy who approached you in school was a creep because I don't know what he did exactly.

The other day my friend told me that a guy from her class waves at her if he sees her. She doesn't find it creepy but her friends tell her it is. Is just waving at people also creepy?

Oh yeah sorry is should've clarified, I just meant the guy at school actually was a creep (following me home etc) not that doing it would make you creepy at all. It wouldn't be creepy.
I'd say saying you are interested is absolutely fine, it's just when they carry on harassing you after that that it gets borderline creepy.

I guess its personal preference, but I wouldnt find it creepy at all someone waving at me - if anything id find it cute, especially if it was paired with a smile. It just means they are happy to see you, which isn't creepy!
(edited 1 year ago)
Thank you for taking the time to reply. I do not want to be rude or anything, I don't know what this guy did so I won't assume anything for all I know you could be completely right to label him as a creep. Everyone has different views on dating some prefer in-person conversations others may choose other ways. I completely agree that in-person is the best way to get to know someone. Isn't telling them, you don't know them much and would rather talk to them in person before giving them your socials a better choice (I don't know how you handled the situation, so won't assume)?
The reason I asked for her socials was that she barely attends classes and isn't available to speak to. You mentioned this guy ended up being a creep, did he do something that made you label him as a creep or was it because he asked you for your socials without knowing you much? I feel a guy is easily labelled as a creep for anything they do. Creep is a vague word, how would you distinguish someone asking your socials compared to someone following you or anything huge? They both are just labelled as creeps (you could call the other guy a stalker but that's not the point I'm trying to make here).

The guy was a creep because he stared (and still stares at me) all the time (like checking me out all the time even when I have expressed disinterest in him) and he got really close to me even when I was clearly very uncomfortable (put his face really close to mine) after I blocked him from my socials. But I am sure that you wouldn't do such a thing!

I think that post is satire: ridiculing the double standards some girls have on how a guy’s behaviour is perceived depending on his looks.
I wouldn’t be interested in getting to know him on a romantic level but I would like to get to know him through other ways if ygm. He has to be HOT though
(edited 1 year ago)
no,the last time i said no to a guy he kept on asking. he'd stare at me to the point where eveyone else would notice,brush up on me even though i asked him to stop,follow me all over the place. i know not all guys are like that but i dont wanna take a risk
I'm a guy who has done something similar, but we had mutual followers in common on Instagram as we were in the same school. Never spoken before, but I had to shoot my shot. Said I wanted to get to know her etc, didn't say she was cute though (but I'm sure she could've inferred it :smile:). Up to you whether you give it a go.. I wouldn't say it's too bad. If he does turn out to be a creep, you'll know pretty soon.

He's straightforward, brave, courageous etc. which is good. Depends on the guy. Shouldn't just reject them out of the blue.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending