The Student Room Group

EDEXCEL Religious Studies AS/A2: 6RS01, 6RS02, 6RS03, 6RS04 May/June 2016

Scroll to see replies

That evil and suffering question was terrible
Original post by Steliata
I thought it was great! I did design, evil and suffering and Situation Ethics. The design question was a bit weird but I did it last so I had time to think about it, so when the time came it was fine.

How about you? :smile:

Great! I did think all of the ethics questions were nice whichever people chose to do!

I did cosmological, evil and suffering and utilitarianism - hm yes thought suffering q not the nicest did last also:smile: overall though not too bad!

Any thoughts on grade boundaries? :smile:
Reply 182
Original post by Qmwnebrv
That evil and suffering question was terrible

Agreed It was definitely the hardest for me - didn't write enough on the problem only enough for an intro (like normally)
I thought the Design and Utilitarianism questions were great though 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
What did people put for the Suffering Q.
Original post by gingerboyben
What did people put for the Suffering Q.

J.L.Mackie inconsistent triad
David hume, rock of aheism
Then I rambled for loads
J.L.Mackie inconsistent triad
David hume, rock of aheism
Then I rambled for loads

Did you mention about theodicies ?
Did you mention about theodicies ?

I included them? Did the intro as above and then theodicy characteristics followed by a weakness each time?
Original post by hpiercey3
I included them? Did the intro as above and then theodicy characteristics followed by a weakness each time?

The question had nothing to do with the theodicies i swear

Included them just to be safe, bc part b evaluated them
For the suffering question I explained the problem (both how experiences of suffering reflect badly on God eg 9/11 and the philosophical problem outlined by Mackie). Then I explained the Augustinian and Irenaen theodicies. I didn't evaluate them in part a though, only in part b. Ah well.
for problem of evil i never wrote about the theodicies for part A ?
how many marks will i get
Original post by diren1999
for problem of evil i never wrote about the theodicies for part A ?
how many marks will i get

What did you put?
What did you put?

i put mackies triangle , the problems such as god being all powerful etc
problem for monotheistic belivers, accepting god cant stop evil
and logical error etc..

thank the loird.. im not the only one who didnt write about theodicies
I wrote about solutions ( theodicies) because there was not enough to write otherwise glad there are some people who wrote about solutions.
Why did they do the problem of suffering in that disgustingly backwards way
Am I doomed

I answered evil and suffering(best topic for me) and design argument(average).

But I just started utilitarianism- an intro with no mention of philosophers.
Reply 197
Did anyone do the just war question? if so, what kind of things did you write?

For the problem of suffering question I didn't put any weaknesses in part a, I thought evaluation was meant to be in part b..
What a horrible Evil and suffering question! Had to keep reading the question to make sure theodicies weren't mentioned, as I was so shocked. Didn't write anything about theodicies but really wish I had because I was lost on what to talk about
I thought the utilitarianism question was good, the design argument question was a bit strange but analogies and experience isn't too bad because you can manipulate that to include basically everything. The evil and suffering question was awful I wanted to cry when I saw it haha. I wrote about J.L Mackies inconsistent triad, and D.Z Phillips but I was stuck to what to do so I just used both theodicies just to be safe because part B said to evaluate them but overall not the nicest exam. Hate the way the questions were worded!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending