The Student Room Group

A level options problem

I'm applying for a levels now but wanted to go for subjects I know I'd enjoy.Would you say these subjects would be suitable for getting into studying psychology at a Russel group university?
-Psychology
-Sociology
-Politics
Original post by Aishoolimoo
I'm applying for a levels now but wanted to go for subjects I know I'd enjoy.Would you say these subjects would be suitable for getting into studying psychology at a Russel group university?
-Psychology
-Sociology
-Politics

Quite possibly these would be fine because in many cases Psychology is classed as a 'relevant science A2'. Look at specific universities though. Psychology and Sociology are both great subjects btw :smile:

However even if you think you're firm on reading Psychology at University keep your mind open. I wanted to do Psychology for 3 years and then on the 8th May this year I changed my mind. Luckily I was repeating year 12 at the time so had not yet applied to University.

Best of luck :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by emiloujess
Quite possibly these would be fine because in many cases Psychology is classed as a 'relevant science A2'. Look at specific universities though. Psychology and Sociology are both great subjects btw :smile:

However even if you think you're firm on reading Psychology at University keep your mind open. I wanted to do Psychology for 3 years and then on the 8th May this year I changed my mind. Luckily I was repeating year 12 at the time so had not yet applied to University.

Best of luck :smile:

Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest