The Student Room Group
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen

Scroll to see replies

Reply 320
Original post by joffgay
To be fair I feel that tho 😅

(Glaswegian accents will always be the best tho)
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen
Original post by vivah8

Hear, hear!
Original post by vivah8

Lol - only to Weegies 😂😂😂
hey. Maybe someone is going to study Bussiness management and international relations in Aberdeen Uni?
Reply 326
Original post by GreatTraveler
hey. Maybe someone is going to study Bussiness management and international relations in Aberdeen Uni?

I'm going to study Business Management!
[QUOTE="sannis;63945743"]I'm going to study Business Management![/QUOTE

R u international student or r u live in UK? What type of accomodation r u goin to choose?
Reply 328
Original post by sannis
I'm going to study Business Management!

my course is going to be also Business Management
Original post by rev97
my course is going to be also Business Management

If I have chosen Business management and International Relations does it mean that we will have several same lectures ?
Reply 330
[QUOTE="GreatTraveler;63945967"]
Original post by sannis
I'm going to study Business Management![/QUOTE

R u international student or r u live in UK? What type of accomodation r u goin to choose?

I'm an EU student, what about you? I'm probably gonna apply for a place in halls, it seems like the best option for me
[QUOTE="sannis;63947991"]

I'm an EU student, what about you? I'm probably gonna apply for a place in halls, it seems like the best option for me

Im also international (EU) student as well. How looks like the application process/ :smile:
Reply 332
If I have chosen Business management and International Relations does it mean that we will have several same lectures ?

I think so! Even if it's going to be for the first year, probably.
Original post by rev97
I think so! Even if it's going to be for the first year, probably.

Nice then, maybe ill be ur classmate :biggrin:
Can somebody help me to interpret this? So, I got an unconditional offer to study psychology MA and this is what is said about the course on the website:

"There is a British Psychological Society (BPS) accredited Honours degree and a Designated degree in Psychology. Application for entry to Honours occurs at the end of second year, and is based on academic performance achieved during second year. Students not continuing to Honours Psychology may complete the Designated degree or the Behavioural Studies Honours degree."

Does this mean that if I don't fulfill certain expectations (academic performance wise) I'll have to do my honours/third year with another major (not psychology major). I might be getting this wrong but it really freaks me out. I think I'm a good student but I have never studied 100% in English so it's really hard to asses myself. It'd be a bummer if I had studied 2 years of psychology just to find out I wasn't good enough and have to graduate with a major I'm not too interested in.
Original post by Gerbera
Can somebody help me to interpret this? So, I got an unconditional offer to study psychology MA and this is what is said about the course on the website:

"There is a British Psychological Society (BPS) accredited Honours degree and a Designated degree in Psychology. Application for entry to Honours occurs at the end of second year, and is based on academic performance achieved during second year. Students not continuing to Honours Psychology may complete the Designated degree or the Behavioural Studies Honours degree."

Does this mean that if I don't fulfill certain expectations (academic performance wise) I'll have to do my honours/third year with another major (not psychology major). I might be getting this wrong but it really freaks me out. I think I'm a good student but I have never studied 100% in English so it's really hard to asses myself. It'd be a bummer if I had studied 2 years of psychology just to find out I wasn't good enough and have to graduate with a major I'm not too interested in.

For Psychology, they accept more students than they have places so you need to pass your classes and do well to get onto honours. For Glasgow I think you need a B so I'm assuming it's something similar in Aberdeen. But you do outside courses in your first two years (and you'll continue one outside course for both year one and year two) so if you don't get the grades to get into the third year of Psychology, you can change your degree to your second subject.

So you could complete your four year degree in Psychology or in Behavioural Science, or you could just choose to have a 3 year designated (non-honours) degree in Psychology.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 336

I am going to study it :smile: And I'm EU student too
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Jmin97
I am going to study it :smile:

Nice to know You then! Where r u from? Where r u plannin to live?
Original post by vivah8
I've firmed my conditional offer for English, anyone else??

Yup, English and German for me.
Reply 339
Nice to know You then! Where r u from? Where r u plannin to live?

You too! From Latvia (EU), you? In halls or private, still not sure .

Latest

Trending

Trending