The Student Room Group

university application

I am about to apply for law at the University of Manchester, University of Strathclyde, University of Stirling, University of Aberdeen and the University of dundee. I am currently in S5 and I am starting my application this year for 2024 start, I currently have 6 nat5s AABBBC and I’m predicted to do better in my Highers, which i’m taking 5 of, will they still consider my application even with me only having national 5 results that aren’t great?
- experience wise I’ve done a careers insight day at a local law firm and a 6 week online course with Cambridge university on Law

could really use some advice asap, thanks!
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 1
hey! it depends on the unis, as some look at your nat5 and higher results, and some just look at highers. go onto the ucas webiste, and search for the courses you want to apply to, the entry requirements should be listed underneath!
Original post by zebra2007
i am about to apply for law at the university of edinburgh, strathclyde, university of glasgow, aberdeen and dundee and im in S5 and wanting to start in 2024 i currently have 6 nat5s AABBBC and am predicted to do better in my highers which i’m taking 5 highers, will they still consider my application even with me only having national 5 results that aren’t great

Hi, this is the University of Aberdeen rep account. I can't say exactly how other universities would assess your grades but can certainly advise on the entry requirements we are looking for!

Our main Nat 5 requirement is English at at least a C, but it would be recommended to have Higher English. Beyond this we would mainly be assessing you based on Higher qualifications, and as long as you get the requirements we're looking for we wouldn't be judging your application based on the Nat 5s. You can have a look at the specific entry requirements for our Law courses here: https://www.abdn.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/degree-programmes/762/M114/law/

If you need any more clarification on this please let us know as I certainly know figuring out entry requirements can be complicated! Hope this was helpful to read and just reply if you want to chat any further.

- Matthew, Enquiry Team

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending