The Student Room Group

Do I have any chance for ETH?

I have just finished my 3rd year at Uni of Aberdeen in Computer Science and I want to do my masters in ETH in the same field. I expect to get a solid 2:1 as a final result when I graduate next year. I already have a year of professional experience (11 months as a full stack at a start up and 1 month at FAANG as intern, where I will be working for next 5 months). Im not quite sure if I have to prove my German on paper, but I think I could pull off a C1 if needed. Thanks in advance.
Original post by markodin
I have just finished my 3rd year at Uni of Aberdeen in Computer Science and I want to do my masters in ETH in the same field. I expect to get a solid 2:1 as a final result when I graduate next year. I already have a year of professional experience (11 months as a full stack at a start up and 1 month at FAANG as intern, where I will be working for next 5 months). Im not quite sure if I have to prove my German on paper, but I think I could pull off a C1 if needed. Thanks in advance.

Hi, this is the University of Aberdeen rep account here. First of all, want to wish you all the best with your forth year with us! Hope you've been enjoying your studies so far. Hopefully someone from ETH will be able to answer with some more information specific to that institution, but wanted to come in with some general advice that might be helpful.

I think this is certainly the right time to be asking these questions as it gives you plenty of time to gather information for applying to your masters. It may be best to contact ETH directly to see what sort of requirements they may be looking far. Universities are quite happy to provide guidance on their entry requirements, and particularly when it comes to international applications that may involve language requirements it would be worth getting clarification from ETH themselves to be sure you're prepared. It certainly sounds like you have a look of relevant experience out with your studies though, so all the best with your application!

_ Matthew, Enquiry Team

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending