The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

[scroll] they do exist, I've gamed with a couple of female gamers in the past and though they weren't hardcore, they were at least semi-serious about the game and didn't mess around too much and weren't too loud, but not really very strong at the game and they sort of need to be carried if you're playing a team game [/scroll]
Reply 21
I'd do the same if i could make such easy money for playing a game casually.
Reply 22
Mate it wasn't a comment it was a question based on what I've seen heard and read if you think the post was impolite or vulgar then please feel free to check it out yourself, wasn't trying to offend

Original post by iainvg
Nope. Not even close. I live in the real world, where making comments like the OP has, generally isn't an acceptable level of behaviour.
sssniperwolf is pretty hot tbh.
Original post by Savage R3N3GAD3
[scroll] they do exist, I've gamed with a couple of female gamers in the past and though they weren't hardcore, they were at least semi-serious about the game and didn't mess around too much and weren't too loud, but not really very strong at the game and they sort of need to be carried if you're playing a team game [/scroll]

Nice use of scrolling there bud :biggrin:
Reply 25
Ok first point you're right what I meant was experienced or Pro female gamers so yes I was wrong and worded it incorrectly my mistake also I'm far from a white knight I don't care if they sit naked a play games on stream it's the fact that these girls are turning these sites into cam shows most of them have the camera directly aimed at the boobs and you can hardly see the face or game they're playing if they are playing a game also makes a lot of guys see females that play games as sexual and only that, it's not about the clothing honestly some females can't help it based on size and shape I understand that but if you actually watch some of the playback you'll see all of them deliberately aim at the boobs jump up and down more than they should cry on can like little girls one even cut outs a circle on the cleavage part of a full top come on that's not right it lowers the standards of the sites and of females who game it's not what the sites about and it's not just females guys also playing with abs out and aiming at that trying to get girls to pay in is also a problem which is why they also get banned too it's just females on sites like these do it all the time knowing that showing boobs or jiggling them will be seen as a sexual act I like sex and sexy things but they have there place as do all things don't over flood everything with sex

Original post by chloeyay
The definition of a gamer is "meaning there is no such thing is no such thing as "real" gamers. The only things which differs from Candy Crush and a COD player is the skills needed, the time needed for that game and the genre of the game. However both games involve thinking and skills and some sort of time. If she is playing a game and she has to spend time on it, she's a gamer still. You don't have to watch her if you don't want to.
Unless they're not playing a game or have taken other people's game play, they shouldn't be on Twitch but we're not in the 19th century where women have to cover up when they don't want to. Men shouldn't be sexualising her in the first place if they're so unhappy with the fact that she's showing her chest. Boobs and her chest aren't sexual organs so clearly you view them as a sexual object if you see the boobs that way.

Chances are you're just a white knight who thinks it's cool to protect women from being "sexualised" and it's really annoying actually that men tell women what to wear
If I want to wear a low cut t-shirt and play games, I will. My clothing doesn't define my ability to play Fallout 4.
Clearly this women wants everyone to see her bits and I say go for it, if she's happy, there's no problem.

Just wondering OP however, have you ever looked at a woman at a sexual way because if so, you're doing exactly what these males are doing, however chances are you just watched the woman for free.
Original post by OMGBruh
Ok first point you're right what I meant was experienced or Pro female gamers so yes I was wrong and worded it incorrectly my mistake also I'm far from a white knight I don't care if they sit naked a play games on stream it's the fact that these girls are turning these sites into cam shows most of them have the camera directly aimed at the boobs and you can hardly see the face or game they're playing if they are playing a game also makes a lot of guys see females that play games as sexual and only that, it's not about the clothing honestly some females can't help it based on size and shape I understand that but if you actually watch some of the playback you'll see all of them deliberately aim at the boobs jump up and down more than they should cry on can like little girls one even cut outs a circle on the cleavage part of a full top come on that's not right it lowers the standards of the sites and of females who game it's not what the sites about and it's not just females guys also playing with abs out and aiming at that trying to get girls to pay in is also a problem which is why they also get banned too it's just females on sites like these do it all the time knowing that showing boobs or jiggling them will be seen as a sexual act I like sex and sexy things but they have there place as do all things don't over flood everything with sex

Boobs aren't sexual organs so she's not being sexual in the first place. They're literbally there to feed a baby. That is not sexual. Unless you take it as a sexual way, boobs have no sexual purpose so really your augment is flawed from the start. Is it sexualising then if a man shows his nipples? No. Because they aren't sexual. Like I said clothing doesn't define someone's gaming ability. Like it or not, we're animals. Humans just like any other animals are sexual as one of our basic needs is sexual gratification and well she enjoys it so she's just conforming to her basic need.

So what if she's doing it on purpose? It's her body. They're male screamers who go topless and it's not a problem so why is it a big deal for a woman? Why aren't you critising those gamers.We don't censor men, so why should we censor women?

If you're not happy with women being treated like this, stop sexualising women altogether with everything. Heck, if you're so unhappy with the sexualising women, why are you playing video games? It's one of the most male dominated and sexist media forms(I play these games however as it doesn't bother me as I'm not a hypocrite) yet you clearly play games. If you buy these games, you support the "horrible" representions of women

Women who are show their boobs aren't lowing the standards. Boobs are an awesome thing as you can basically feed someone and a woman shouldn't have to hide that ever.
Original post by OMGBruh
i see a lot of "gamer girls" on twitch youtube and other streaming sites that dont seem to even game at a level to be classed a gamer, most use the name to get attention from sad guys that cant get laid and they just sex up everything or cry and do everything but game and the fact that these "gamers" get paid a **** load of money from these guys is also ridiculous they should joiin chaturbate or myfreecams for that stuff not game streaming sites, i go to those sites to see some badass gameplay but they seem to be swarming with whiny attention seeking sexualising females that dont know how to play anything worth watching. so i just want to know if there are any actual real girls that game fr without half the screen being cleavage.

They play video games. They are a gamer. This "girl gamerz" is a load elitist crap. Ten years ago kids who played video games were ostracised for being geeks. And now certain people who are throwing this "gamer" card around like its some kind of badge of honour..

Whether its GTA Wow, CoD or bloody Tetris and angry birds. You play video games, your a gamer.
(edited 8 years ago)
They are fake gamers half of them. They've been exposed before
Boobs aren't sexual organs so she's not being sexual in the first place. They're literbally there to feed a baby. That is not sexual. Unless you take it as a sexual way, boobs have no sexual purpose so really your augment is flawed from the start. Is it sexualising then if a man shows his nipples? No. Because they aren't sexual. Like I said clothing doesn't define someone's gaming ability. Like it or not, we're animals. Humans just like any other animals are sexual as one of our basic needs is sexual gratification and well she enjoys it so she's just conforming to her basic need.

So what if she's doing it on purpose? It's her body. They're male screamers who go topless and it's not a problem so why is it a big deal for a woman? Why aren't you critising those gamers.We don't censor men, so why should we censor women?

If you're not happy with women being treated like this, stop sexualising women altogether with everything. Heck, if you're so unhappy with the sexualising women, why are you playing video games? It's one of the most male dominated and sexist media forms(I play these games however as it doesn't bother me as I'm not a hypocrite) yet you clearly play games. If you buy these games, you support the "horrible" representions of women

Women who are show their boobs aren't lowing the standards. Boobs are an awesome thing as you can basically feed someone and a woman shouldn't have to hide that ever.

I think you are misunderstanding the whole argument. The argument that the op is trying to make is that are girls who overly sexualise themselves and make themselves the whole focus of the video on a gaming website really be called gamers.

Lets try to run this down. Girls have a right to show their boobs, guys have a right to show their chests (within public decency, of course). Guys and girls are allowed to show these on video's and livestreams. But if they make their body and sexuality the focus of the video on a gaming livestreaming website then that's wrong. If they do it on those sites where flaunting themselves is the whole point of it, its fine.

I agree that people should not be supporting these sellouts for (mainly/focusing on) showing their bodies on the wrong kind of website. We aren't saying that it isn't wrong to do so in a appropriate place, but on a site like Twitch, its wrong.

Somehow, you managed to make this about censoring boobs and oversexualisation of women. I do kind of agree with the points but really you are just attacking him for no reason, honestly.

TL;DR Flaunting bodies in appropriate places not when gaming should be the focus
Original post by BefuddledPenguin
How does one define a gamer, surely it's just someone who enjoys playing video games. If they want to create let's plays and the like, surely that's completely harmless. I don't know what is objectionable about this.

Yep. Not sure what the point of this thread was.
Reply 31
Boobs may not be a sexual organ doesn't mean it can't be used for sex or to indicate sexual behaviour/intent just like hands aren't sexual limbs but we can express sexual intentions and behaviour using just our hands look I'm not a woman hater or trying say boobs are for sex and women should hide them away unless doing sexual acts in private not at all and yes they can express themselves how ever they want and do what ever they want equally to males. Let's say you go to a strip club and while the females is doing her performance there's a big latscreen TV showing live sports and a bunch of lads are there yelling and screening taking there tops off and doing stuff males do at sports matches you wouldn't like that and it wouldn't be right because that's not the right place for it this is probably a ****ty example but that's my point everything has its place game stream sites are for game streams and webcam sites are for webcaming/cam girls

Honestly if I offended you I'm sorry it's. It my intention I just wanted to see people's opinions and views on this subject thanks for the input tho :smile:

I'll have you know I'm a die hard player of LEGO Harry Potter. Both games to 100% TWICE.

I'm also fantastic at free running on assassins creed and then throwing the controller to my bf when guards and the like try beat me up. (I'm much better at that game than that description suggests....)

Whether I'm skilled or not, you can't deny that I'm a girl that plays video games. :yep:
gamer girls do in fact exist.... There was that popular asian streamer on league who had 1000+ views. She didn't get her boobs out or everything and people didn't watch her because of her looks (she wasn't even hot/good looking) I forgot her name... but there.
As far as professional gaming goes... nothing serious out there atm.
Reply 34
Boobs aren't sexual organs so she's not being sexual in the first place. They're literbally there to feed a baby. That is not sexual. Unless you take it as a sexual way, boobs have no sexual purpose so really your augment is flawed from the start. Is it sexualising then if a man shows his nipples? No. Because they aren't sexual.

What a load of ****. Of course they're sexual.
hey! in response to your comments, yes girls do play. no only some 'show off' I don't though lol obvs. yeah if ur talking about xbox, I play fifa, watchdogs, just dance and other games and I'm a girl:h:
Original post by SallySparrow66
I'll have you know I'm a die hard player of LEGO Harry Potter. Both games to 100% TWICE.

I'm also fantastic at free running on assassins creed and then throwing the controller to my bf when guards and the like try beat me up. (I'm much better at that game than that description suggests....)

Whether I'm skilled or not, you can't deny that I'm a girl that plays video games. :yep:

#girlgamersquadd
The "gamer girl" label irks me so much! #cringe
Gamers are gamers. You don't see males going round claiming they're "gamer guys" and stuff.

I just wonder how many views I'd get if I ever streamed things on Twitch because I don't 'sex things up' and cake myself in makeup when I play games.
I usually have a poker face or my eyes look like they're about to pop out...and all around, very emotive (and strange) facial expressions. :rofl:

Also:

Spoiler

Original post by OMGBruh
*****ARE THERE ANY REAL PRO/EXPERIENCED GAMER GIRLS IS WHAT I MEANT NOT JUST CASUAL GAMING JUST TO CLARIFY ******
Original post by EconObsessed
The real 'Gamer Girls' aren't on twitch and other streaming sites. We definitely do exist and we most certainly don't look like those annoying sexualized dolls on twitch. They're only in it for the money. I've been a female gamer since the age of 7.
Original post by ozzyoscy
Gamer Girls may not exist, but girls who play games obviously do.Sort of like how Gamers don't exist, especially 'hardcore' and 'casual' ones, but people who play games do exist.
Original post by driftawaay
tut. u wouldnt be asking this if u saw me play my DOS super mario game!!!

---
Well, there is one girl pro gamer on the LoL E-sports scene. She's the first female in League of Legends Championships. She is called Remilia:

------

She's gonna be on a team called Renegades in the North American LCS.

I won't be supporting her, but I wish her all the best :h:

Spoiler

I think if anyone describes theirself as a gamer, than they are not. I play games, quite alot probably more than most males but I would never say im a girl gamer as it just sounds stupid. Like you dont go around saying your a boy gamer, so why should girls?

Latest