The Student Room Group

Euro 2016 Thread

Scroll to see replies

backing switzerland, switzerland has never lost to albania. 1.95 is ****ing value. but will see if shaqiri starts first.
Reply 781
Granit Xhaka in the Switzerland sqide, his brother Taulant Xhaka in the Albania side, weird!
Keepers have been awful so far this tournament. Apart from Lloris ofc.
Original post by richpanda
I want to see our players give absolutely everything on the pitch tonight. If they leave everything on the pitch but we don't manage to win, I wouldn't be annoyed. However I think that if we did give absolutely everything, we would beat Russia.

This, absolutely this.
Wales vs Slovakia will be a good game..
First Red card of the Euros!
Captain of Albania wow, walkover for the Swiss now
Basically it's Albania vs Albania
Original post by 6thformer25
Wales vs Slovakia will be a good game..

Wales to hammer Slovakia 3-0 :bigsmile:
Original post by Lord Samosa
Wales to hammer Slovakia 3-0 :bigsmile:

on paper yeah but live its a different story it will be very intresting to see how Wales cope and if they truly are a one man team
on paper yeah but live its a different story it will be very intresting to see how Wales cope and if they truly are a one man team

As team we play well, the players work hard for each other. We have Ashley Williams organising the defence, Ramsey in Mdfield, but the big difference will always be Bale, he's our only player who can consistently score goals (with Ramsey chipping in sometimes).
As team we play well, the players work hard for each other. We have Ashley Williams organising the defence, Ramsey in Mdfield, but the big difference will always be Bale, he's our only player who can consistently score goals (with Ramsey chipping in sometimes).

yeah you lot have decent players throughout but i think you rely on the big names too much and need to work harder as a unit like when Ramsey was missing vs Sweden they beat you 3-0 there was no engine in that team and of course Bale is the key player who has to step up in this tournament

Game essentially being billed as Bale vs. Hamsik.

Swiss - Albania game is pretty good. Few lapses in concentration from both sides but generally decent quality. Refereeing better than last night as well which is nice.
Original post by mojojojo101
Game essentially being billed as Bale vs. Hamsik.

Swiss - Albania game is pretty good. Few lapses in concentration from both sides but generally decent quality. Refereeing better than last night as well which is nice.

yeah but i reckon that red card has ruined the game.. Their striker is going to be so isolated and when they try and get up they will be prone in a counter attack against an attacking Swiss swide

and Bale>hamsik obviously but both teams have decent players around it just depends who wants it more
switz 1-0 and albania 10 men. ez moneh
yeah you lot have decent players throughout but i think you rely on the big names too much and need to work harder as a unit like when Ramsey was missing vs Sweden they beat you 3-0 there was no engine in that team and of course Bale is the key player who has to step up in this tournament

The issue is the difference between the players is huge, we have guys like Bale and Ramsey, mixed with championship players. So the teams organisation and work rate is going to be important, just to allow Bale and Ramsey do their thing. When it comes to attack, we are too reliant on them, but tbh, I think most teams would look to a player like Bale to lead their attack. (E.g Ibrahimovic for Sweden, Ronaldo for Portugal etc)
Original post by James.Carnell
This, absolutely this.

And lots of people think this means that we value 'tackling and running' too much over skill and craft, when they're not mutually exclusive at all! I still want our players to show their skill, but just work their socks off and get us off to a good start.
yeah but i reckon that red card has ruined the game.. Their striker is going to be so isolated and when they try and get up they will be prone in a counter attack against an attacking Swiss swide

and Bale>hamsik obviously but both teams have decent players around it just depends who wants it more

Cant blame the ref for Cana's stupidity.
The issue is the difference between the players is huge, we have guys like Bale and Ramsey, mixed with championship players. So the teams organisation and work rate is going to be important, just to allow Bale and Ramsey do their thing. When it comes to attack, we are too reliant on them, but tbh, I think most teams would look to a player like Bale to lead their attack. (E.g Ibrahimovic for Sweden, Ronaldo for Portugal etc)

yeah thats the main problem everyone has to step up

And those 3 teams are pretty much 1 man (Wales,Sweden,Portugal) even though they have decent players like Larsson and the portugal teams is very good man for man but Ronaldo always seems frustrated the rest dont try as hard
Original post by mojojojo101
Cant blame the ref for Cana's stupidity.

nah i wasnt blaming the ref... im just saying as a neutral it ruins the game when theres a red cad as Albania are going to find it much harder
nah i wasnt blaming the ref... im just saying as a neutral it ruins the game when theres a red cad as Albania are going to find it much harder

they've started the 2nd half pretty well and they don't strike me as a team that will roll over.

in general though I think your right, but I can hope for more :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest