The Student Room Group

Euro 2016 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Wow Wales topped the group :redface:
Shame about the 0-0 Eng/Slo but at least Russia got dominated :laugh:
Original post by James.Carnell
Henderson is bloody awful. Can't believe Luke the mug goes around saying how he has any actual qualities. Count the amount of passes he makes backwards it is incredible.

We are going out against Portugal, that I can guarantee. They will inevitably come second in their group and raise their game against us. On this display we deserve to be out, totally bereft of quality.

When was the last time I said anything good about Henderson? I never wanted him to be our captain. He isn't good enough for England and certainly it good enough for Liverpool.

Get your facts straight pal!!!
Why is everyone drawing ffs
Original post by shawn_o1
England v Portugal? no chance, I can see Portugal beating Hungary and winning the group since they can't settle for a draw, if the other match has a winner and Portugal draws, Portugal are third...

Both Portugal and Iceland may win, in which case Iceland are likely to come top no?
Only Woy ****ing Hodgson could lead England to finish 2nd behind Wales, a team they beat.
Original post by Lúcio
When was the last time I said anything good about Henderson? I never wanted him to be our captain. He isn't good enough for England and certainly it good enough for Liverpool.

Get your facts straight pal!!!

You were praising both Henderson and Milner. Fwiw, I think Milner would have been better for this game, the guy has an actual assists record. What on Earth Henderson offers I don't know.
Both Portugal and Iceland may win, in which case Iceland are likely to come top no?

Yes if they both win by the same amount
Annoying that we had the team who would love a draw while Wales had the team who had to come out and attack
Original post by Zerforax
Only Woy ****ing Hodgson could lead England to finish 2nd behind Wales, a team they beat.

The Hodge algorithm strikes again. One win in three is acceptable.
How did they **** that up. Oh wait its a team managed by Roy Hodgson...
Original post by difeo
Annoying that we had the team who would love a draw while Wales had the team who had to come out and attack

We didn't deserve to win based on the way we were playing. I thought Bertrand was subpar for this level, he would have got absolutely mugged off against a better team.

I think we know our best team now, at least.

Also unconvinced by Sturridge on the right, we don't need two strikers. The hysteria over Sterling is dumb, I think he offers more to the way the team builds up attacks.
Should we make it through the next round we are likely to face France. Yeah, good luck with that. Their defence is pretty weak but they will cripple our defence.
We didn't deserve to win based on the way we were playing. I thought Bertrand was subpar for this level, he would have got absolutely mugged off against a better team.

I think we know our best team now, at least.

Also unconvinced by Sturridge on the right, we don't need two strikers. The hysteria over Sterling is dumb, I think he offers more to the way the team builds up attacks.

We weren't great but we had two clear cut chances (Vardy and Alli) and a few other half chances. They were so defensive, 6 defenders on by the end, no doubt we'd have won if they were forced to actually attack

If Iceland outscore Portugal in their respective matches, and both win, then iceland are top by gd since the h2h between the two is even. But Iceland have Austria next, a team that need a result to have any chance of progressing, so it's gonna be hard for them. Still think Portugal will top the group or finish third
Original post by difeo
We weren't great but we had two clear cut chances (Vardy and Alli) and a few other half chances. They were so defensive, 6 defenders on by the end, no doubt we'd have won if they were forced to actually attack

No point talking about hypothetical situations. England should be able to break down a Slovakia side regardless of whether they park the bus ffs.
Just too ****. Not clinical enough.
If Iceland outscore Portugal in their respective matches, and both win, then iceland are top by gd since the h2h between the two is even. But Iceland have Austria next, a team that need a result to have any chance of progressing, so it's gonna be hard for them. Still think Portugal will top the group or finish third

Its in no means guaranteed we will get through to the quarters, but knocking out France would be like winning the tournament in my eyes. I wouldn't care if we lose the semis. I would just love for us to knock France out. (It's not not happening though lol even though their defence is terrible, trust me I have seen enough of Sagna and Koscielny to know that as an Arsenal fan).

They don't need to outscore them, just match their result, because H2H and GD is even and they're winning on goals scored
So if Iceland drew 0-0 and Portugal 2-2 then Portugal would come 2nd
(edited 7 years ago)
Portugal arn't going to be putting all their defenders into their own box so we will have more chances to score but our finishing is woeful which is a worry. Think people are kind of scapegoating the changes made a bit too much, if Vardy and Sturridge (who won us the game against Wales) couldn't score than what hope do we ****ing have with anyone else? Finishing is just not good enough.
(edited 7 years ago)
Cymru am byth mother ****ers :colone:

Quick Reply

Latest