The Student Room Group

Higher History Assignment

I'm currently taking Higher History and am looking at doing Issue 1 of the Appeasement topic for the assignment. I have chosen 4 factors to write about which are:
Disappointment with the peace settlements
Fascist Ideology
Imperialism
Leadership of Hitler and Mussolini

The question I am writing about is:

To what extent did the disappointment with the peace settlement explain the aggressive nature of fascist foreign policies in the 1930s.

I am really struggling with how to start out my essay and how to lay it all out and I was wondering If anyone could give me some advice? Thanks :smile:
Original post by hlwright11
I'm currently taking Higher History and am looking at doing Issue 1 of the Appeasement topic for the assignment. I have chosen 4 factors to write about which are:
Disappointment with the peace settlements
Fascist Ideology
Imperialism
Leadership of Hitler and Mussolini

The question I am writing about is:

To what extent did the disappointment with the peace settlement explain the aggressive nature of fascist foreign policies in the 1930s.

I am really struggling with how to start out my essay and how to lay it all out and I was wondering If anyone could give me some advice? Thanks :smile:

Hello, I didn't do this particular topic but I did get 29/30 for my higher history extended essay (I did old higher last year so idk if new cfe higher is much different). Just start your essay the same way you would a normal 20 marker but with a lot more detail of course.

So start off with a few sentences of background history which will set the scene of your time period. For example my question was; "How significant an impact did the welfare reforms of the Labour government 1945-1951 have on the lives of the British people" so for my introductory sentence I spoke about how WW2 changed the public's attitude towards the social policies of the government, and added a quote from a historian which basically explained that after the war people wanted the government to continue getting involved into the day to day care of the people which birthed the creation of the welfare state etc etc. After that basically go through each of your factors, explaining them at the end of your introduction sum it all up by stating what your opinion on the debate is and how you are going to refute every other factor bar the one you support.

Use quotes from historians where ever you can throughout your essay, try to get at-least two for every factor, one supporting quote and one quote against the factor.

If none of this makes any sense to you just ask me, as I know it probably looks pretty confusing. I'm not too good at explaining what goes through my head haha.
Don't write a story. This is my one let down but I still managed 19/20 for my last homework one. We have ours in the next couple of weeks. Include detail but don't waffle or write your whole essay in the intro. If I think of any more I will get back to you.
Reply 3
It should be similar to the 20 mark essays that are in prelims/exams but a few hundred words longer. For mine, we're just adding more on to ones we've done for homework so if that's the same case for you, just add more into it
Hi, I have just sat the exam and wonder how I did in my assignment as I need an A in higher history to go to university. I ran out of time with my Assignment and had to stop half way through the last paragraph. I tried to give more than 2 points of knowledge and analysis in each paragraph so potentially only missed out on the 3 mark conclusion and an evaluate mark which could leave me with 26/30 if it is marked that way???????
Reply 5
Original post by Champions67
Hi, I have just sat the exam and wonder how I did in my assignment as I need an A in higher history to go to university. I ran out of time with my Assignment and had to stop half way through the last paragraph. I tried to give more than 2 points of knowledge and analysis in each paragraph so potentially only missed out on the 3 mark conclusion and an evaluate mark which could leave me with 26/30 if it is marked that way???????

It depends in the quality of the rest of your work as you may not make things clear enough to the market to pick up 26
Original post by KerrDuncan
Did anyone do treaty of the union for their source questions?

Yes I did
Did anyone study treaty of the union for the exam?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending