The Student Room Group

Accepting an unconditional offer?

So I've been offered an unconditonal offer for English, however it's only unconditional if I make them my firm choice. Originally I wouldn't have chosen them as my firm choice but do I still accept the offer as I've heard it takes a lot of the pressure off this year? Or I do I put my original number one university as my firm choice even if the grades are higher? Or can I make the unconditional my firm choice and put my number one as my insurance, then if I make the grades for my insurance, decline my unconditional and choose my insurance? Apologies if this didn't make any sense at all I was just hoping someone may be able to help.
Original post by ItsJustSkye
So I've been offered an unconditonal offer for English, however it's only unconditional if I make them my firm choice. Originally I wouldn't have chosen them as my firm choice but do I still accept the offer as I've heard it takes a lot of the pressure off this year? Or I do I put my original number one university as my firm choice even if the grades are higher? Or can I make the unconditional my firm choice and put my number one as my insurance, then if I make the grades for my insurance, decline my unconditional and choose my insurance? Apologies if this didn't make any sense at all I was just hoping someone may be able to help.

Congratulations on your offer! :smile: unfortunately, if you accept an unconditional you aren't allowed an insurance - you have to release all your other offers. Therefore you would have to choose between the two courses.

Then it comes down to personal preference! Personally, I wouldn't choose to go somewhere based on an unconditional - two years down the line, if you don't enjoy your university, it won't matter what the offer was.

Good luck with your decision! I hope it works out :smile: x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending