The Student Room Group

Clearing number and unconditional offer

I’ve accepted my unconditional offer at one of the unis I applied for, but I want to get through clearing and go to a university closer to me. Will I still get a clearing number even without getting rid of my unconditional offer i’ve accepted? I just don’t want to cancel it because if I don’t get thru any clearing options, I won’t have a uni option!

In short: Can I get a clearing number without cancelling the unconditional offer i’ve already accepted?
Original post by cora980
I’ve accepted my unconditional offer at one of the unis I applied for, but I want to get through clearing and go to a university closer to me. Will I still get a clearing number even without getting rid of my unconditional offer i’ve accepted? I just don’t want to cancel it because if I don’t get thru any clearing options, I won’t have a uni option!

In short: Can I get a clearing number without cancelling the unconditional offer i’ve already accepted?

No, you need to have rejected all 5 UCAS choices for you to enter clearing and therefore receive a clearing ID unfortunately :console:
Original post by cora980

As above - you only get a clearing number if you’re in clearing.

Are any of the universities you’re interested in one of your original 5 choices?

Some universities will consider you for clearing even if you’re placed elsewhere. That’s more likely to be the case if they were one of your original 5 choices as they’ll be able to see your application and grades even when you aren’t in clearing
Original post by cora980

Nope! You can only get a clearing number after rejecting all 5 of your offers :frown:
Reply 4
Original post by cloverpatches111
Nope! You can only get a clearing number after rejecting all 5 of your offers :frown:

Argh that’s so annoying, thankyou tho!
Original post by cora980

Seems like you have all the info you need on this post :smile:
Best of luck tomorrow!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending