The Student Room Group

Theory test - Paper part needed?

I have my theory test tomorrow, and just wanted to double check - you don't need to bring the paper part of your license anymore, because they've stopped being issued/aren't valid anymore, right? I just need my provisional photocard?

Think I'm just worrying unnecessarily now, but thought I should check!
Reply 1
Original post by Jinxxeh
I have my theory test tomorrow, and just wanted to double check - you don't need to bring the paper part of your license anymore, because they've stopped being issued/aren't valid anymore, right? I just need my provisional photocard?

Think I'm just worrying unnecessarily now, but thought I should check!

If you've got a photocard you'll only need that

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah, you don't need to bring it. I brought the paper to my theory test but they only checked the card. Good luck! :biggrin:
For reference for anyone else coming across this thread, the reason you may require your theory test pass certificate is because it's only valid for 2 years after passing. If you've waited longer than 2 years to take your practical test after getting your provisional, the examiner may ask to check your pass certificate in case it has expired and you didn't re-take the test.

If you have a full licence and are taking your driving test again (ie. to upgrade an automatic only license to a full manual license), then you should not need to retake your theory beforehand.
Reply 4
hi need some help, on the form it says write the names of documents you are sending with the serial numbers? I'm sending P60 and birth certificate. How do i find what the serial number is for the documents are?
Reply 5
I don't think P60s usually have serial numbers so just don't give one for it. Birth certificates can vary in design. Some have serial numbers, some just have application numbers. Either would probably do - just use whichever is more obvious on the certificate. It is probably just there so the work experience boy/girl and easily check they are returning the right ones when they have dropped everything on the floor in a big pile.
Reply 6
Yeah called em up and said p60 don't have one. Thanks for the reply tho don't suppose you know how long it will take to arrive, sent it first class today so they should get the stuff by Friday. Kind of need it for the 30th
Reply 7
Original post by Talon
I don't think P60s usually have serial numbers so just don't give one for it. Birth certificates can vary in design. Some have serial numbers, some just have application numbers. Either would probably do - just use whichever is more obvious on the certificate. It is probably just there so the work experience boy/girl and easily check they are returning the right ones when they have dropped everything on the floor in a big pile.

called em up and said p60 don't have one. Thanks for the reply tho don't suppose you know how long it will take to arrive, sent it first class today so they should get the stuff by Friday. Kind of need it for the 30th
Reply 8
You should have it by then, but that isn't definite.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending