The Student Room Group

Social Work!! interview

Scroll to see replies

Thanks, Im really gunna prep hard and make sure I take the time to look over the Unis, I really want to get it right this cycle!
anyone going to chichester social work interviews any tips please about the process
FLAMINGO34
anyone going to chichester social work interviews any tips please about the process

Make sure you're prepared to explain why you want to be a social worker/why you are suitable/what you have learned from your work experience etc.
Have a look at www.communitycare.co.uk for current issues, and research some theory as well :smile:
thank u mandy have u been to chichester u really helped
FLAMINGO34
thank u mandy have u been to chichester u really helped

No, I only had an interview at Southampton.
anyone whos been to coventry this year for social work interviews and sussex help pliz have interviews in january any help is greatly appreciated
Reply 366
I've got an interview at york uni in feb. Just wondered if anyone know's anything about it? the letter said there will be a case study beforehand what does this normally involve? any help from people who have attended interviews?
jadeyA91
I've got an interview at york uni in feb. Just wondered if anyone know's anything about it? the letter said there will be a case study beforehand what does this normally involve? any help from people who have attended interviews?

Hey, i have two interviews coming up in Jan & Feb for Hull & Sunderland. In both my letters it mentions that there will be a group discussion that will last for 30mins then we have to write a 500-1000 essay on what was discussed. This is followed by a one-to-one interview with a tutor in which I will be given questions on social work practice etc.

I've also applied to York, I'd be over-the-moon if i got offered there!! Good luck x
jadeyA91

In my interview at Southampton we were given a case study and were given thirty minutes to read it and make notes. We were then divided into groups of four and infront of the interview panel we each had two minutes to give our comments, and then a few minutes to discuss it as a group :smile:
Reply 369
Robbie_Tor
Hey, i have two interviews coming up in Jan & Feb for Hull & Sunderland. In both my letters it mentions that there will be a group discussion that will last for 30mins then we have to write a 500-1000 essay on what was discussed. This is followed by a one-to-one interview with a tutor in which I will be given questions on social work practice etc.

I've also applied to York, I'd be over-the-moon if i got offered there!! Good luck x

I've also applied for hull and leeds too lol. Leeds is my favourite so hope I get an interview there :smile:.

thanks for getting back to me , really helped. The letter for york just says one to one interview so hopefully no essay !
Reply 370
~ Mandy
In my interview at Southampton we were given a case study and were given thirty minutes to read it and make notes. We were then divided into groups of four and infront of the interview panel we each had two minutes to give our comments, and then a few minutes to discuss it as a group :smile:

Oh right ok , i'm really nervous lol.

Thanks for replying ! :smile:
Did they provide the details of the case study or what questions they ask or just examples i have applied to york bt havent got an interview yet good luck
Reply 372
FLAMINGO34
Did they provide the details of the case study or what questions they ask or just examples i have applied to york bt havent got an interview yet good luck

Thankyou :smile: they said you have to talk about a time when you have experienced a "helping capacity" and that there will also be a campus tour. But no there wasn't any details of the case study.
jadeyA91
Thankyou :smile: they said you have to talk about a time when you have experienced a "helping capacity" and that there will also be a campus tour. But no there wasn't any details of the case study.

thanks for your reply but what does it mean by experiencing helping capacity does it mean helping someone or being helped
Reply 374
I think it means when you have helped someone.
Reply 375
FLAMINGO34
anyone whos been to coventry this year for social work interviews and sussex help pliz have interviews in january any help is greatly appreciated

A friend from my access course has just been to a social work interview day at coventry, and mine is in feb.

Despite it being called an "interview", everyone is given a case study on arrival and has to write an essay on it. These are assessed during lunch. Then a list of people to attend the afternoon's interview (based on the mornings work) is posted , anyone not on the list is sent home!

Its a strange way to process people, so be prepared!

Hope that helps :smile:
seresh
A friend from my access course has just been to a social work interview day at coventry, and mine is in feb.

Despite it being called an "interview", everyone is given a case study on arrival and has to write an essay on it. These are assessed during lunch. Then a list of people to attend the afternoon's interview (based on the mornings work) is posted , anyone not on the list is sent home!

Its a strange way to process people, so be prepared!

Hope that helps :smile:
oh thank you very much do u mind to ask her about what the case study was all about guess what mine is on 17 feb is yours on 17 as well
jadeyA91

hi again guess what i have been called to york on the 28 of january . can you tell me about an individual questions apart
from the helping capacity questions and as well any case study coz thats what my letter is saying im so scared as i do not know what to say and they need only 26 students oh my God as well did you have to write anything
Reply 378
FLAMINGO34
hi again guess what i have been called to york on the 28 of january . can you tell me about an individual questions apart
from the helping capacity questions and as well any case study coz thats what my letter is saying im so scared as i do not know what to say and they need only 26 students oh my God as well did you have to write anything

I havent had my interview yet lol its in feb. sorry
Reply 379
FLAMINGO34
oh thank you very much do u mind to ask her about what the case study was all about guess what mine is on 17 feb is yours on 17 as well

Yes, mine is on the 17th too! Im rather nervous to be honest so it will be nice to know someone else there :yes:

I will get as much info as I can on the case study, and PM you.

Quick Reply

Latest