The Student Room Group

Learning Case Studies?

Hey everyone,

What is the best and quickest way to remember case studies for an exam? I have about 8 I need to remember so, any ideas?
I guess it depends on what your case studies are about but i make a flash card for each case study and I split each card into 3 sections: causes, impacts and responses or Social, economic and environmental (whichever three I think suit the case study the best). and I try to put at least 3 statistics in each section and then I highlight those. normally just by making the cards I learn the case study but it is also helpful to look at quickly before an exam.
Hope that makes sense I was kinda rushed ahaha :h:
Reply 2
Original post by Nik_thestudent
I guess it depends on what your case studies are about but i make a flash card for each case study and I split each card into 3 sections: causes, impacts and responses or Social, economic and environmental (whichever three I think suit the case study the best). and I try to put at least 3 statistics in each section and then I highlight those. normally just by making the cards I learn the case study but it is also helpful to look at quickly before an exam.
Hope that makes sense I was kinda rushed ahaha :h:

Thanks very much! That made sense, yes haha, I think that would work. How much should I write per flash card though? :smile:
Original post by Ricki 1
Thanks very much! That made sense, yes haha, I think that would work. How much should I write per flash card though? :smile:

I would say about 100-150 words but its really up to you and how concise you want to be. it will be more of a challenge the more concise you want to be which may cause you to remember it better as you make decisions about what to keep. however I will warn that you don't get too bogged down about being concise as you could end up incorrectly deciding an important statistic or piece of information is irrelevant.
Reply 4
Original post by Ricki 1
Hey everyone,

What is the best and quickest way to remember case studies for an exam? I have about 8 I need to remember so, any ideas?

These are some cards I did for AQA Coasts and tourism :-)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending