The Student Room Group

Adult dependent grant

Hi everyone
I have applied for part time course undergraduate ( stem course ) and SF said that adult dependent grant will not funded as only maintenance loan and tuition fee could be eligible for.
I actually seen On student finance website that all these grants ( AD, parent learning allowance and childcare grant ) could be still funded .
Do you know if this is true for or not ?
What should I do ?
Original post by Roxy862006
Hi everyone
I have applied for part time course undergraduate ( stem course ) and SF said that adult dependent grant will not funded as only maintenance loan and tuition fee could be eligible for.
I actually seen On student finance website that all these grants ( AD, parent learning allowance and childcare grant ) could be still funded .
Do you know if this is true for or not ?
What should I do ?

Hi Roxy,

If you're studying at the Open University then it's only the tuition fees available as this is a distance learning university. Unless you're studying Distance Learning due to a disability that prevents you from physically attending a university. In which case you may be eligible for a maintenance loan if you have evidence of this.

Thanks, Jason
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 2
I’m not studying at any Open University, I study at London Met . Part time course .
I’m not studying at any Open University, I study at London Met . Part time course .

Hi Roxy, is this a distance learning course or are you physically attending the university? Thanks, Jason
Reply 4
Morning Jason
Physically attend it there , 60 credits ( part time science course )
Morning Jason
Physically attend it there , 60 credits ( part time science course )

Thanks Roxy,

If you're able to contact us via the live chat in your account or on 0300 100 0607 we'll look into this, check your course and determine your eligibility for this. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending