The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

we're a community, we shouldn't have secrets. it works best when everyone's honest and open.

oh and there's gossip.
January Victim
we're a community, we shouldn't have secrets. it works best when everyone's honest and open.

oh and there's gossip.

We are a community, TSR is a business. When the business is involved there is always going to be non disclosure.
January Victim
i don't believe you :p:
see, why let on you know some inside info,then stop...it's breaking the whole secrecy promises thing.you've alreayd broken it so you might as well go on.either that or don't say anything in the first place.

Nah, that bit wasn't the secret part.
well you're not doing yourself or anyone else any good by going on as if you know zillions and then not saying anything...so stop hinting.
January Victim
well you're not doing yourself or anyone else any good by going on as if you know zillions and then not saying anything...so stop hinting.

I'm not hinting!!! I'm just saying that I havent broken any promises, as accused!
yeh you're hinting. 'elite forum where nudies are posted etc' that's a hint if i've ever seen one...
by implying that you have access to certain information and making such statements like the above,you've basically destroyed the essence of the whole secret thing. just saying.
erk
God damn, all this over an internet forum.

NO.
It is over money.
A lot of money.
TSR is worth many millions to Accumen.
Imagine if Google or Microsoft bought them for a couple of hundred million...
huh?! i wouldn't go that far.
A site like TSR is probably worth in the five or six digits region. But not millions.
Sephiroth
A site like TSR is probably worth in the five or six digits region. But not millions.

Hotmail was sold to MS for 500 million.
TSR would be worth 20 to 30 million to the right buyer.
Actually, TSR has been owned by Halliburton since 1979.
acolyte

How many users did Hotmail have when it was sold to MS? TSR only has around 108k accounts, and I'd bet a lot are not used, but the same is usually true for e-mail providers.
acolyte

Have you any idea how much traffic hotmail gets?
Haha.

shush everyone, he clearly knows what he's on about!

Ahem.
Reply 94
It would have been worth a hell of a lot more last week...
Reply 95
Hmm..just seen this thread.

As I'm by no means in full poccession of the facts, it's certainly not my place to comment and any speculation would just be inappropriate.

I hope that everything works out for the best - for all parties involved and TSR can get back on track.
Good luck to CN, J, pig and every one who is currently involved in this very sticky and convoluted situation
Reply 96
If true, that is a rather classic line from pig :rofl:

Anyway, I hope things will be back to normal ASAP...
I don't think "normality" is coming back.
I think TSR is in trouble.
Reply 99
Ha - Captain Obvious's post count keeps going down :p: Nice to have some humour :smile: Good job!

Latest

Trending

Trending