The Student Room Group

Cambridge Rejects 2016

Didn't see a thread for all the rejects to unite (perhaps with good reason?) but thought it'd be nice to chat with other people who won't be gracing Cambridge with their presence in 2016, for a bit of a moan and an attempt to cheer each other up, and to remind us that it's not the end of the world and another university will benefit greatly instead

:smile: :smile: :smile:
(P.s. if this is a shockingly awful idea then let me know i'll quietly delete 😂)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hellooo

It's meee
Reply 2
Original post by RonnieRJ
Hellooo

It's meee

Me on the phone to my college asking if they'd like to meet and reconsider my application
Reply 3
Original post by timelizard
Me on the phone to my college asking if they'd like to meet and reconsider my application

Lmao me

I'll give them a shout when I get Nobel prize
Reply 4
Lmao me

I'll give them a shout when I get Nobel prize

LMAO me too... height of pettyness

Right, tell me your woes: what did you apply for, which college, how are you coping
Reply 5
Original post by timelizard
LMAO me too... height of pettyness

Right, tell me your woes: what did you apply for, which college, how are you coping

Phys Nat Sci at Magdalene, but I was under auto pooled threshold so never got put in the pool :| I'm ok tbh, if I have to go UCL then oh well, if I get 3A*s I'll reapply
Reply 6
Rejected
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 7
can i join the complaining

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by Sacred Ground
Lmaoo, the interviewers obviously noticed your arrogance too. This is actually music to my ears- I'm actually glad you got rejected and Idc if that's harsh af

Sorry to everyone else that got rejected, hope you get your other choices!

Lmaoo I'm not arrogant

Karma will hit you badddd honey
Hey there, guys. First thing I noticed in the e-mail was the word "disappointing" and I burst into laughter. The good part is the that the Apocalypse did not start today, which is cool. Looks like there's life after being rejected. :biggrin:
Phys Nat Sci at Magdalene, but I was under auto pooled threshold so never got put in the pool :| I'm ok tbh, if I have to go UCL then oh well, if I get 3A*s I'll reapply

Dats da plan!

UCL is good too.
Got slapped down by the Emmanuel rejection email. Kinda feel disappointed in myself and a slight niggling as if I have failed people who know me even though I know I shouldn't feel that way. I am not mega upset or anything though and will get over it. Life exists elsewhere other than Cambridge (... I hope)

Hopefully you'll do better than me if so! I got 3A* and still didn't a place haha!
No email or letter so I'm going to join this thread.
Original post by High Stakes
Dats da plan!

UCL is good too.

True but if I got a lot of A*s I don't want to waste them outside of Oxbridge :frown:
Original post by kathrynparsons
Hopefully you'll do better than me if so! I got 3A* and still didn't a place haha!

Ah really, I'm sorry to hear that :frown:
The only reason I'd consider reapplying with 3A*s is because of the guaranteed interview and autopool. If I ended up getting 5A*s this year then I'd definitely reapply!
True but if I got a lot of A*s I don't want to waste them outside of Oxbridge :frown:

If we come out with A*'s, let's hit up Oxbridge again.

I've got a list of things I'm gonna do IF I take a gap year haha.
If we come out with A*'s, let's hit up Oxbridge again.

I've got a list of things I'm gonna do IF I take a gap year haha.

Ah what you gonna do??
I need a back up plan for results day :frown:

I was thinking I could work as a lab technician? Check that full UMS in my EMPAs lmaooo
Ah what you gonna do??
I need a back up plan for results day :frown:

I was thinking I could work as a lab technician? Check that full UMS in my EMPAs lmaooo

Lmao. Well, I'm thinking of picking a few useful things. Definitely going to learn how to program, definitely going to learn a language and I'm thinking of going interrailing/abroad for a bit. Will also try and get some work experience and try an extra A level to keep myself 'going' (maybe sit the exams for FM and Additional Further Maths lol).

Basically bunch of things. So long as the year's not a waste I'll be happy. I feel like I'll start displaying withdrawl symptoms once I finish this year and have so much free time.

Lmfao full EMPA UMS gang. Lab technician job looks boring tho haha.
Lmao. Well, I'm thinking of picking a few useful things. Definitely going to learn how to program, definitely going to learn a language and I'm thinking of going interrailing/abroad for a bit. Will also try and get some work experience and try an extra A level to keep myself 'going' (maybe sit the exams for FM and Additional Further Maths lol).

Basically bunch of things. So long as the year's not a waste I'll be happy. I feel like I'll start displaying withdrawl symptoms once I finish this year and have so much free time.

Lmfao full EMPA UMS gang. Lab technician job looks boring tho haha.

Ahh yeah I was advised to just sit the FM exams but I can't be bothered this year... Hm maybbeee

But yeah it's boring but idk it's something sciency I guess lmaoo
Rejected by peterhouse for physnatsci. Got straight A's (the highest grade) for my non-modular A levels but looks like my interview pulled my application down.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending