The Student Room Group

Is there something wrong with me?

I can`t trust guys. Therefore I have bad relationships, cause I always doubt, and ask stupid questions and jump to conclusions.
Do other girls/guys feel the same?
Original post by Anonymous
I can`t trust guys. Therefore I have bad relationships, cause I always doubt, and ask stupid questions and jump to conclusions.

It's not unheard of, especially if you've been cheated on in the past.
Reply 2
Got the right soundtrack for you girl, enjoy !

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=T7UmvtWCmRs
I wouldn't date until I get confidence back. Save the headache for everyone.

It's a good idea not to trust anyone. The only people you might be able to trust are your family, but apart from that, trust not a single person.

Having said that, you shouldn't be having bad relationships because of that. You need to relax, take things easy and adopt a laid back approach to relationships. People will do whatever they want. No matter how hard you try, you will never be able to control how someone behaves and the things they do, the decisions they make, etc. The only thing you should do is relax and simply let things happen. Unless you have concrete evidence of any wrongdoing, proceed as if everything is normal and do not be intense.

It's okay to be distrustful and doubtful on the inside, but you must keep it bottled up and you must never let it out (unless you have reason to), because it's extremely off putting to be open with your trust issues. Jumping to conclusions doesn't help, it only serves to drive the other person away.

So just take it easy. And don't expect anything from anyone. Don't expect people to do the right thing or to behave in the correct way. Keep your doubts to yourself and never bring it up unless you have solid proof that the other person is up to no good.

Relationships are meant to be fun and enjoyable. They're meant to bring you relaxation and happiness, not stress. Don't cause stress for yourself, instead just become an easygoing person and don't take relationships too seriously. Have fun with it, don't annoy your partners by constantly doubting them and accusing them.
(edited 8 years ago)
No but then again I don't trust anyone Morals and Integrity is something that is severely lacking nowadays.
Reply 6
Original post by Mancini
Got the right soundtrack for you girl, enjoy !

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=T7UmvtWCmRs

yep exactly my story
Reply 7
Original post by Savage R3N3GAD3
It's a good idea not to trust anyone. The only people you might be able to trust are your family, but apart from that, trust not a single person.

Having said that, you shouldn't be having bad relationships because of that. You need to relax, take things easy and adopt a laid back approach to relationships. People will do whatever they want. No matter how hard you try, you will never be able to control how someone behaves and the things they do, the decisions they make, etc. The only thing you should do is relax and simply let things happen. Unless you have concrete evidence of any wrongdoing, proceed as if everything is normal and do not be intense.

It's okay to be distrustful and doubtful on the inside, but you must keep it bottled up and you must never let it out (unless you have reason to), because it's extremely off putting to be open with your trust issues. Jumping to conclusions doesn't help, it only serves to drive the other person away.

So just take it easy. And don't expect anything from anyone. Don't expect people to do the right thing or to behave in the correct way. Keep your doubts to yourself and never bring it up unless you have solid proof that the other person is up to no good.

Relationships are meant to be fun and enjoyable. They're meant to bring you relaxation and happiness, not stress. Don't cause stress for yourself, instead just become an easygoing person and don't take relationships too seriously. Have fun with it, don't annoy your partners by constantly doubting them and accusing them.

thank you so much for writing all this out for me. i really mean it.
I hope i can become a more easygoing person.
Reply 8
Original post by Foo.mp3
Work on your self-worth, and you will find balance, my young padawan. I created this article with people like you in mind :smile:

thanks i was just listening to love yourself by jb as well. its a very good article i must say. Are you a professional love advisor or something?
Reply 9
I can`t trust guys. Therefore I have bad relationships, cause I always doubt, and ask stupid questions nd jump to conclusions.

Maybe the guys you choose can't be trusted which causes you to doubt and mistrust.
Maybe change the type you choose?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending