The Student Room Group

I'm a laughing stock at uni

Everyone judges me talks about me behind my back and takes thr mickey put of me.

What do i do to change this?
how do you know they judge you and talk behind your back? what uni are you at?
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
how do you know they judge you and talk behind your back? what uni are you at?

They don't think i can hear them but I can hear them mentioning me not in a good way and thry just look st me in a judgemental way. They don't bother to talk to me. I have to initiate conversations. It just feels awkward lile I'm not as good as them it's depressing you know. I'm at Plymouth marjon University
Everyone judges me talks about me behind my back and takes thr mickey put of me.

Clearly you're doing something wrong or they wouldn't do it
Reply 4

Becareful who you take as your friends and what you reveal. If you say something that is considered a secret or embarrasing, they'll use that to fuel their fire against you. You can report it to your professors or someone you trust within the university. And how did it start? Never be a class clown, because then you'll never get out and everything you say will become a joke. I've seen someone like that and he lost his temper because everyone laughed at him, and he chucked a table/chair and left the room and everyone was shocked or smirked.

Thats not always the case. Some people are some right nasty pieces of work. They are not worth the OP's time. Join lots of societies and groups. You will find your people x

Op has said everyone do it to them though ^
Original post by 𝓖𝓱𝓸𝓼𝓽𝓵𝓪𝓭𝔂
Thats not always the case. Some people are some right nasty pieces of work. They are not worth the OP's time. Join lots of societies and groups. You will find your people x
Reply 7

Yes existing that's what I'm doing wrong.
Reply 8
Original post by Qolyne
Becareful who you take as your friends and what you reveal. If you say something that is considered a secret or embarrasing, they'll use that to fuel their fire against you. You can report it to your professors or someone you trust within the university. And how did it start? Never be a class clown, because then you'll never get out and everything you say will become a joke. I've seen someone like that and he lost his temper because everyone laughed at him, and he chucked a table/chair and left the room and everyone was shocked or smirked.

Trust me some days I do just want to blow up with rage. I'm worried that might happen someone will provoke me too much.
Yes existing that's what I'm doing wrong.

Obviously you've done something wrong, no one is going to laugh at you for no reason. What are you hiding?
Obviously you've done something wrong, no one is going to laugh at you for no reason. What are you hiding?

I havr done nothing wrong I'm going about my business doing my uni work yes I'm not the most Talkative person and yes I don't have as much money as some of the uni students but other than that I have done nothing wrong
:troll:

😒😡😠😞😓
Reply 12
I just felt like I had to reply quickly. Take no notice of the unhelpful person replying in this thread. I thought student room was a place for support and advice but clearly some people can't manage this. I'm sorry that you feel this way, I would do as suggested and find some like minded people if you can, people that are worth your time, some people just aren't very nice and you need to associate with positivity rather than negativity, and seek support at your uni if you feel you need to. All the best.
Original post by teaandb
I just felt like I had to reply quickly. Take no notice of the unhelpful person replying in this thread. I thought student room was a place for support and advice but clearly some people can't manage this. I'm sorry that you feel this way, I would do as suggested and find some like minded people if you can, people that are worth your time, some people just aren't very nice and you need to associate with positivity rather than negativity, and seek support at your uni if you feel you need to. All the best.

Hey thank you so much yes i mean i have been out to social events drinking and every time I come home people around the uni make fun of me m. It's everywhere I go people hate me. I have two actual friends but I try to make other friends but they just don't accept me for who I am.
Original post by 𝓖𝓱𝓸𝓼𝓽𝓵𝓪𝓭𝔂

Thank you for being supportive yes i don't know where to find societies now because it seems quite late on in the semester. I feel like I've missed my opportunity.
Reply 15
Thank you for being supportive yes i don't know where to find societies now because it seems quite late on in the semester. I feel like I've missed my opportunity.

usually via your student union's website. You sgn up and go along, no drama
Original post by gjd800
usually via your student union's website. You sgn up and go along, no drama

Right cheers

hi! quote late but just wanted to check how youre doing now? hope all is well

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending