The Student Room Group

URGENT French controlled assessment

Hello! I've got my french writing controlled assessment tomorrow and I keep finding mistakes in my writing, it would mean a lot if someone could help!

So basically I've said: 'Je veux te dire au sujet de ma passion: l'athlétisme, que j'en fais depuis l'âge de 10 ans'

And I want to say 'I want to tell you about my passion: athletics, which I have done since the age of 10.' But I don't know if the 'que' bit is right, or if it should just be 'je fais' instead of 'j'en fais.' PLEASE HELP URGENTLY

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tolulah
Hello! I've got my french writing controlled assessment tomorrow and I keep finding mistakes in my writing, it would mean a lot if someone could help!

So basically I've said: 'Je veux te dire au sujet de ma passion: l'athlétisme, que j'en fais depuis l'âge de 10 ans'

And I want to say 'I want to tell you about my passion: athletics, which I have done since the age of 10.' But I don't know if the 'que' bit is right, or if it should just be 'je fais' instead of 'j'en fais.' PLEASE HELP URGENTLY

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not bad but:

dire means "say", not "speak". You need to use the verb parler.

You are right that you do not need en, your use of "que" here is correct.

So a completely correct sentence is: Je veux te parler au sujet de ma passion, l'athlétisme, que je fais depuis l'âge de dix ans.
Reply 2
Original post by Anna Schoon
Not bad but:

dire means "say", not "speak". You need to use the verb parler.

You are right that you do not need en, your use of "que" here is correct.

So a completely correct sentence is: Je veux te parler au sujet de ma passion, l'athlétisme, que je fais depuis l'âge de dix ans.

Aha thank you so much - you saved me! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello, I'm French( sorry for english :tongue: ). You could do better ! :smile:
You can replace the verb "faire" by "pratiquer" which is better.
You can also replace "je veux" (I want) by "J'aimerai" (I would like) but as you want.

J'aimerai te parler de ma passion, l'athlétisme, que je pratique depuis l'âge de dix ans.
Reply 4
Original post by FrenchTranslator
Hello, I'm French( sorry for english :tongue: ). You could do better ! :smile:
You can replace the verb "faire" by "pratiquer" which is better.
You can also replace "je veux" (I want) by "J'aimerai" (I would like) but as you want.

J'aimerai te parler de ma passion, l'athlétisme, que je pratique depuis l'âge de dix ans.

Wow, thank you! Definitely going to use this 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending