The Student Room Group

Opinion on Belly Button Piercing rejection (naval piercing)?

Around a year and a half ago, i had my naval pierced at my local piercing studio. The bar used was curved but not a belly bar! The bottom and top ball was tiny and i had a lot of trouble with the balls and bar sucking into the piercing....

I returned to the piercer and explained the situation. My belly was becoming sore and always seemed bruised and the bar just wasnt appropiate in my opinion. He said it was just swolen and would go down. The next day the bar was pushed out and i was left with a 'tiny mouth'- which was disgusting.

Its obviously fully healed now, the scar is very small and kind of hard, like top of ear hard, but i want it repierced because i feel that it only rejected because of an inappropiate bar. It was too small and the balls were 2.5mm, plus hr pierced really close to the surface.

Do you think i should?
your body is telling you no.... listen to your body.
Same happened to me. Except I was pierced with a metal that didn't agree with my body and it rejected. This happened to me a few years ago and it would cause really bad pain. I took it out before it fully came out and I'm left with quite a scar which till this day leaves me feel self conscious. I got mine repierced with a titanium bar (hardly rejects unless allergies) and since then it's been fine; it's healed and I can change it and iv had no problems. What I did before getting my helix and belly pierced I emailed the tattoo and piercing shop to find out how and what metal they use. I'd recommend doing that and going to a different piercer that pierces it with the correct belly bar; I also recommend titanium too.

It's your choice if you get it done not ours but I think you should go for it. After all mine rejected and when I had it repierced it was fine! Hope this helped!

Quick Reply

Latest