The Student Room Group

~Grow Your Grades 2016 Discussion Thread~

Scroll to see replies

Original post by heshamkisher
I'm finding flash cards to be extremely effective. I've started making them electronically using Quizlet. Anyone else use flash cards?

I use Quizlet a lot for French revision, I find it really useful!
Will our grades have to be verified. If so, how do we do this? Would you want (for me, an A2 student) my AS results or my mock A2 results...?
Why is it not allowing me to create a blog?
Original post by Higherdude
Why is it not allowing me to create a blog?

It's a known problem that will be fixed tomorrow.
Original post by Black Rose
I'm glad! :smile:

Are there still any problems you're aware of? I'm still not able to post a new thread.
Original post by peterpotatoes
Are there still any problems you're aware of? I'm still not able to post a new thread.

It should be working now, try posting a thread again? :smile:
Original post by Kvothe the arcane
Fair enough :smile:. Quality ey. Better bust out those english books.

Hey - I think this is fixed now so everyone can crack on.
Original post by Rftra
What does the winner get?

Original post by heshamkisher
I'm finding flash cards to be extremely effective. I've started making them electronically using Quizlet. Anyone else use flash cards?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Prizes haven't been decided yet so suggestions can be made, but last year we had days out vouchers along with Paperchase vouchers. :smile:

It depends on the CT (Community Team) who decide. :smile:

We're hoping the prizes will be bigger and better than last year - they'll also be spot prizes along the way. Just waiting to see how much we can spend!
Original post by CatusStarbright
I use Quizlet a lot for French revision, I find it really useful!

Have you tried the flashcard tool on TSR? It's here. Would love to know what everyone thinks of it.

We also have thousands of flashcard sets as well. You can filter by board, level and so on. Any use?
Quick question probably sounds dumb but if one of the subjects is art could we post pictures of the stuff we do?
Original post by BryonyG98
Will our grades have to be verified. If so, how do we do this? Would you want (for me, an A2 +student) my AS results or my mock A2 results...?

From what I was last told, this won't need to be done anymore. :smile:

The way the prizes are being issued is very different too this year - have a look at The Learn Ranger's post above.

Original post by TonksTheCat
Quick question probably sounds dumb but if one of the subjects is art could we post pictures of the stuff we do?

You're more than welcome to if you like! If the work is for something like coursework though, just be a bit vary of posting in case it gets caught or plagiarism or something.
has this helped any of you? not sure if it's worth doing one
Original post by The Learn Ranger
We're hoping the prizes will be bigger and better than last year - they'll also be spot prizes along the way. Just waiting to see how much we can spend!

Any news on this yet?

Original post by defenestrated
has this helped any of you? not sure if it's worth doing one

Yeah; this competition helps me a lot. Even if creating the blog itself doesnt help you, reading those of others might as it helps to motivate you.

"Oh their doing lots of revision, perhaps I should be doing that"
Original post by BryonyG98
Any news on this yet?

We're hoping to release details of prizes later today or tomorrow - just finalising the details. Bigger than last year!

Yeah; this competition helps me a lot. Even if creating the blog itself doesnt help you, reading those of others might as it helps to motivate you.

"Oh their doing lots of revision, perhaps I should be doing that"

We hope it motivates everyone by getting them to think about how they study most effectively.
Hi, i've set up my blog here:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3888093

The plan is to update it at least once a week, more likely 2 times a week.
Can someone view my GYG blog and let me know if I am heading down the right track. Any advice would be appreciated:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3897511
@The Learn Ranger

Hello, I am not able to create a new thread at the moment. Is this because the competition has already closed?

I want to start a blog to document my progress towards my A2 year exams this year

Many thanks :h:
Original post by Euclidean
@The Learn Ranger

Hello, I am not able to create a new thread at the moment. Is this because the competition has already closed?

I want to start a blog to document my progress towards my A2 year exams this year

Many thanks :h:

Hi

Really sorry but the Grow your Grades blogging competition isn't taking any more entries.

But don't be concerned, there is a blogging area on TSR that you can use for this.

Good luck with your exams (and your blog).
It is now to late to enter because i really really need help.
Original post by mosisgansta
It is now to late to enter because i really really need help.

It's too late to enter, but you can still make a blog over in our Blogs forum, or ask your questions in Study Help :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending