The Student Room Group

Am I good enough for Oxbridge? Proving it here.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kvothe the arcane
X

Good to know, and looking forward to your update at the end of the week. :smile:

Also, you've tagged the wrong jneill again. :ninja:
Original post by Hydeman
Good to know, and looking forward to your update at the end of the week. :smile:

Thank you :h:. How do you know about the other times? :tongue: I've edited the proper one in.
It's great that you've been able to give up your job to focus on the more important thing, your exams :smile:

I'm sure you'll have no qualms in getting a job afterwards either.

I've been meaning to ask, will you be resitting any practicals?
Thank you :h:. How do you know about the other times? :tongue: I've edited the proper one in.

I only know of one previous time, because I remember correcting you on that occasion as well. :tongue:
A proper update will come at the end of the week but some news

I have managed to appropriate funding which will allow me to stop working until after my June exams (mad scramble for a job afterwards but I will deal with that anxiety later).

I have sent an email to my manager informing them of my resignation. I return to work on Monday but hope to leave by the 25th as opposed to a month from the date of notice. My fingers are crossed.

Spoiler

Glad to kknw m8. All the very best !!!!!!!!!:wink:
Inspiring :h:
Original post by Serine Soul
It's great that you've been able to give up your job to focus on the more important thing, your exams :smile:

I'm sure you'll have no qualms in getting a job afterwards either.

I've been meaning to ask, will you be resitting any practicals?

Thanks Serine Soul :smile:. Hopefully I won't have any issues.

Nope. I considered Biology as I only got a B (44/60) when I did it originally but it was too pricey, alas. So you won't be seeing me around doing the EMPA :wink:.
Chemistry was (54/60).

Original post by Duke Glacia
Glad to kknw m8. All the very best !!!!!!!!!:wink:

Thank you DG. Teach me your ways :colone:.

Original post by Imperion
Inspiring :h:

Thank you kouhai.
Thanks Serine Soul :smile:. Hopefully I won't have any issues.

Nope. I considered Biology as I only got a B (44/60) when I did it originally but it was too pricey, alas. So you won't be seeing me around doing the EMPA :wink:.
Chemistry was (54/60).

Yeah we were doing the Biology Task 1 today and I was wondering

Just smash the exams and you'll be fine :h:
Original post by Hydeman

Haha!

Good news Kvothe :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah we were doing the Biology Task 1 today and I was wondering

Just smash the exams and you'll be fine :h:

If after all this time I'd like to meet? :colondollar:

Thanks. Assuming your offer is A*A*A too, which are your A* subjects and which is the A? :smile:
Your thread is so motivating and inspiring! Congrats on your Cambridge offer, something I want so desperately in 9 months time!

Best of luck with your exams, you can do it!! :h:
If after all this time I'd like to meet? :colondollar:

Thanks. Assuming your offer is A*A*A too, which are your A* subjects and which is the A? :smile:

If all goes well, maybe at Cambridge :colondollar:

My offer is across any subjects but I feel more likely to get the 2 A*s in Biology and Chemistry and the A in Maths :yep:

How about yours?
If all goes well, maybe at Cambridge :colondollar:

My offer is across any subjects but I feel more likely to get the 2 A*s in Biology and Chemistry and the A in Maths :yep:

Across all also. Biology is my best subject but the EMPA makes an A* more difficult. I'll try with all.
Across all also. Biology is my best subject but the EMPA makes an A* more difficult. I'll try with all.

Same here

Need to batter some past papers once this EMPA is done

Best of luck!
Dude, this is good news - you can focus all your energy on revision right now! :yep:

2 months till exams, let's make it count. Forget about the anxiety for now and get cracking on meeting that offer.
A proper update will come at the end of the week but some news

I have managed to appropriate funding which will allow me to stop working until after my June exams (mad scramble for a job afterwards but I will deal with that anxiety later).

I have sent an email to my manager informing them of my resignation. I return to work on Monday but hope to leave by the 25th as opposed to a month from the date of notice. My fingers are crossed.

Spoiler

I'm actually over the moon to hear about this! Now to focus on those exams. What are you planning to do in the next week work wise?
Original post by Slowbro93
I'm actually over the moon to hear about this! Now to focus on those exams. What are you planning to do in the next week work wise?

Thank you slowbro. The funding starts this month so I'm hoping to leave asap.

I emailed my notice earlier. I'm off for easter atm but return on Monday. I don't mind working a week but would not like to work a month. Basically I have politely asked whether I can leave by the 25th and I'll see what my employer says. To give me a chance to transition the IT stuff at my workplace and clear out.
Further maths is still a bit of a hmm Biochem has my attention atm. Going to do an Fp2 paper now to see how I fair.

Suggestions on a year @aymanzayedmannan?

Edit: Chosen une 2014
(edited 8 years ago)
Further maths is still a bit of a hmm Biochem has my attention atm. Going to do an Fp2 paper now to see how I fair.

Suggestions on a year @aymanzayedmannan?

Edit: Chosen une 2014

Sorry for the late reply, I was offline! 2014 sounds good, but I haven't done it.
Original post by aymanzayedmannan
Sorry for the late reply, I was offline! 2014 sounds good, but I haven't done it.

It's okay. I was very slow. I did 6/8 questions. Marking now.

When I come to it, not sure how long to spend on book. I know papers will be V important.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending