The Student Room Group

National 5 Subject Choices help!!

I'm making my choices for s4 o
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
I'd say Modern Studies. I doubt either will effect your medicine-based career choice. Modern Studies is highly relevant to all aspects of life, rather than business management which is just specific to the business side of life.

Schools rather you do take a social subject, it's important but not too important if you don't. However, I've never heard of a school suggesting you to take a business/IT-related subject.

But at the end of the day it is up to you.
Reply 2
There's no reason why a social subject is any more important than a Buisness/IT related subject. Business Management isn't even an IT subject. It's actually quite similar to an essay based subject and is probably more useful than Modern Studies for future careers (if you end up in a different career from medicine) as it gives you more business awareness.

I doubt that the one you choose will have much of an impact on you getting into medicine, provided that you do well in the one you choose (especially for medicine).

Hope this helps! :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by ii220
I'm making my choices for s4 on what subjects I want to take, but I'm struggling to choose between my last two choices. How important is it that I take a social subject? (Modern Studies, Geography, or History)

I'm struggling to choose between Modern Studies and Business Managment (2 very different subjects) please help!!

(By the way, I'm hoping for a career medicine-related, so does it make that much a difference which one I choose?):smile::s-smilie:

If its for medicine, social subjects don't matter. Modern studies may be needed if you want to do law, and business management will be good to see whether you like business. Otherwise, choose whatever interests you/or the subject that you are more confident to gain high marks.

But really, medical schools hardly look at Nat 5s, they just want good grades at Nat 5 maths and English. Its mainly Highers that matter.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending