The Student Room Group

National 4 in S3?

I am currently in s3 and I am wary that the amount of subjects you do in s4 varies between schools , we have 8 subjects at the moment and this will go down to 6 for s4. I really don't know if this is right , but I have heard that it is possible to take national 4 in s3. Is this possible or even true?
I'm in S5 at the moment, but I have a few friends in lower years so I hope I can help.
At my school, in S3 you do 11 subjects and then in S4 you lower it down to 7 subjects which will be either National 4 or 5. I think it's the schools/local authorities decision how many subjects pupils take so it should be right for your area.
From what I've heard from my friends, you sit a course of basic/national 4 level in S3 and then in S4 you would work at a National 5 level or National 4 level depending on your ability. As National 4 doesn't require an external exam, I'm assuming it is possible to do it in S3.
I've heard that one girl currently in S3 at my school may be taking National 5 Music this year, but I don't know if this is true.
Hope this has helped, and I'm sorry if any information is wrong.
My brother who is in 4th year is doing 6 NAT5s and Higher French, but most in 4th from what I've heard do 6/7 Nat4/5s.
Reply 3
Well at my school the National 5's are basically being taken the same as Standard Grade/Int 2's were in previous years. They pick 8 subjects for S3/4 then they'll sit their National 5 exam (or have their National 4 work assessed) for these 8 subjects during Summer of S4. I think it's much more understandable than how most other schools are tackling it.
Reply 4
hello, im in 4th year and at my school we usually do 8 subjects. im doing 8 national 5s and 1 national 4 in mandarin. Some schools are now allowing this years 3rd yearers to do their highers over 4/5th year! i think for every school its different. hope i helped :biggrin:
Original post by accieman
I am currently in s3 and I am wary that the amount of subjects you do in s4 varies between schools , we have 8 subjects at the moment and this will go down to 6 for s4. I really don't know if this is right , but I have heard that it is possible to take national 4 in s3. Is this possible or even true?

i feel like I need help With maths I am really bad at it and I am wondering if you can help me
Original post by accieman

The amount of subjects you take at S4 is down to each school and even then it can vary because at my school must be do 6 but people ended up doing random extras aka apps of maths on top of pure maths or Scot’s language on top of English.

In S3 I got Nat 4 chemistry and German but again I think this is dependent from school to school and your academic ability’s

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending