The Student Room Group

Would you be honest or play hard to get?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Pseudo-truth
I prefer spaghetti to ravioli because spaghetti occasionally falls off the fork and you have to work for it.

The same applies to flirtation. If you're going to just lie there on the fork like ravioli, I'm going to get bored.

But ravioli is so much tastier than spaghetti... :mmm:
honesty. If you're playing games with me I'll drop you like hot coal, I have no time for silly games and immaturity. If someone can't be open and honest with me from the get go then they're not someone I want to invest myself in a relationship with.
Original post by whorace
That's really awful, he might have been too scared of rejection but to be honest that does not sound like it would have made a very healthy relationship, relationships are supposed to be about safety and trust. My relationship was the complete opposite, met a girl who was incredibly warm towards me at first, I could do absolutely nothing wrong, then she got colder later on in the relationship, even though during the dates she was both tender and laughing, I thought she had lost interest but every time I backed off she said she hadn't and just had issues. I still have no idea what happened because she did eventually lose interest, so was she even interested to begin with or not? ugh Lol

Yes i agree it would have been an unhealthy relationship i think maybe he was scared of his feelings? as i think he has been single for a while as he is very career orientated or maybe don't have time for a relationship?. We work in the same area not together though and it was so hard to ever get him on his own as he was on his feet alot.

Last Christmas i gave him a card (left in the outbox) as i could not get him on his own and he came to my office and thanked me the next day and how kind i was. He thanked me in front of 3 other people. I wrote in the card hope we can be friends and i wanted to see him and talk to him but he was never alone. I was happy i thought progress was made and we could talk properly.

After Christmas he went back to his same self! all that effort to waste, he would see me and turn around to walk in the opposite direction and if we did cross paths he would walk in an office or grab someone to talk to so he didnt have to speak with me. Then i added him on fb and no response so decided not to chase after him. I do see him at work and there is a spark but im not going back there again atleast i tried.

I am sorry to hear that maybe she had personal issues? or maybe she liked the attention she got from you. Do you speak to her still?
Original post by theDanIdentity
women. ffs.

i've lost count of the number of instances in my life that were exactly similar to yours. it's really frustrating, aggravating and weirdly.. peaceful at the same time. it's all of those as when they finally stop playing hard-to-get because you're off the market; you'd want to rip their head off because they were in fact interested but had a childish mentality in letting you know and could've let you know Earlier so you could've got with them. but it's at the same time peaceful, because you won't be getting any more headaches trying to figure out their intentions.

When I got my last girlfriend the girlfriend before who dumped me found out and suddenly wanted me again, I put money on the next time I get a girlfriend, the latest ex will coming running after me.
Reply 44
I think I would just be honest

If someone attempts to play hard to get with me, I would be put off
I'm always up front :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I would be honest but dial back the intensity and try to play it cool.

I'm not hot so playing it hard to get wouldn't work.
Honesty, I can't exactly give it a shining recommendation, but it's better than playing mind games.
I've always been upfront as soon as I know they like me back. Couldn't be bothered playing all that hard to get crap. If you both like each other then there's no need for it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rock Fan
So if you liked someone, would you be up front and honest? Or would you play games like hard to get etc?

Has being honest been successful or not?
Likewise has playing hard to get or playing little games to see how hard someone would chase you worked or not?

I've seen various threads about what to do if you like someone so I thought I'd see if there were any success stories or any that backfired.

Being honest never worked so I say play hard to get

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending