The Student Room Group

Further mathermatics courses

Im currently studying maths, further maths, business, and Ict. However I study further maths online as there is no one else in my school who does it which means I am sometimes doing the further topics before I'm covering the basics in core; despite this I am still get consistent marks and am hoping for an A at AS for Fm (at least a b).

This year I am doing the moduals (edexcel) C1 c2 d1 and fp1 s1 s2. Next year I am doing c3 c4 m1 and then I can choose my Fm moduals. I'm interested in fp2 fp3 m2 and s3 (but I will be learning m2 before I started m1 so I would have to learn it over summer). Any suggestion / advice?
Original post by Addermin
Im currently studying maths, further maths, business, and Ict. However I study further maths online as there is no one else in my school who does it which means I am sometimes doing the further topics before I'm covering the basics in core; despite this I am still get consistent marks and am hoping for an A at AS for Fm (at least a b).

This year I am doing the moduals (edexcel) C1 c2 d1 and fp1 s1 s2. Next year I am doing c3 c4 m1 and then I can choose my Fm moduals. I'm interested in fp2 fp3 m2 and s3 (but I will be learning m2 before I started m1 so I would have to learn it over summer). Any suggestion / advice?

Do C3 and C4 over summer

I done M2 (last year) before M1 (doing it this year) and done fine, and mechanics is probably my weakest area
Reply 2
If you want questions to test your knowledge go on
www.madasmaths.co.uk
Very good resources for mechanics, further maths and just regular maths.
Reply 3
Original post by DylanJ42
Do C3 and C4 over summer

I done M2 (last year) before M1 (doing it this year) and done fine, and mechanics is probably my weakest area

What exam board?
Reply 4
Learn it all over the summer if you can. No distractions from other subjects do you can just get your head down and do loads of maths and fly through it.
Original post by B_9710
What exam board?

edexcel, same as OP
Reply 6
I am doing further maths right now at AS, and the modules Im doing are FP1, M1 and M2. I would definitely remark that M2 is harder. Not just that but, it would definitely not be conventional to do M2 before M1 because M2 basically stems from M1, its a harder version of M1.

There are some topics in M2 like Centres of Mass that dont really need M1 but definitely M2 Kinematics and M2 Statics of Rigid Bodies will need M1 fundamental knowledge, at least that is what I would say.

But I think it might not be so bad for you to go and learn M1 Kinematics, Statics and moments on your own, that is definitely what I would do.

Or see if you like D1? Then you could do D2 as an applied Further Maths module, but I dont know if your school offers it.

Anyway, good luck mate
Reply 7
Original post by B_9710
If you want questions to test your knowledge go on
www.madasmaths.co.uk
Very good resources for mechanics, further maths and just regular maths.

thank you !!
Original post by Addermin

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=38

Quick Reply

Latest