The Student Room Group

UCI number has changed?

A couple weeks before the half-term we were given all our exam information and asked to check that everything was correct e.g. ULN and UCI and the correct exam entries.

However I forgot to check so when my tutor came round confirming everyone's details I just said mine was correct assuming it would be (no one else had seemed to have a problem with theirs) however I just checked now and my UCI number is completely different to what it was on my GCSE certificates! Everything else seems fine.

What should I do, and is it too late to fix this? Is this even a problem? We were told we had to resolve any issues by 3rd Feb, which clearly was a while ago now.
Reply 1
Original post by ♥Samantha♥
A couple weeks before the half-term we were given all our exam information and asked to check that everything was correct e.g. ULN and UCI and the correct exam entries.

However I forgot to check so when my tutor came round confirming everyone's details I just said mine was correct assuming it would be (no one else had seemed to have a problem with theirs) however I just checked now and my UCI number is completely different to what it was on my GCSE certificates! Everything else seems fine.

What should I do, and is it too late to fix this? Is this even a problem? We were told we had to resolve any issues by 3rd Feb, which clearly was a while ago now.

It's not too late to fix it but you do need to do so. The UCi uniquely identifies candidates, if you have different UCIs for GCSE and A level then the system will see you as 2 people. This can cause problems e.g.with UCAS. Find some documentary proof of your previous UCI (e.g. results slip from previous school) and then go to the exams office and show them. They can correct it and submit an amendment file to the exam boards.

N.B. Your exam number/candidate number, the 4 digit one, changes every time you change school, but the UCI, (the 12 digit, single letter one) should never change.
Original post by Compost
It's not too late to fix it but you do need to do so. The UCi uniquely identifies candidates, if you have different UCIs for GCSE and A level then the system will see you as 2 people. This can cause problems e.g.with UCAS. Find some documentary proof of your previous UCI (e.g. results slip from previous school) and then go to the exams office and show them. They can correct it and submit an amendment file to the exam boards.

N.B. Your exam number/candidate number, the 4 digit one, changes every time you change school, but the UCI, (the 12 digit, single letter one) should never change.

Okay thank you

Quick Reply

Latest