The Student Room Group

Tesco seasonal job application

I had an interview two weeks ago Tuesday at my local Tesco for a part time role for the seasonal period where I was required to fill in a lot of paperwork including my bank details, address and mobile number even with my insurance number and havent heard anything back, despite the fact I was promised it would only be a two day wait. The application status on the careers centre has changed to unsuccessful but I was promised a formal rejection email if I was unsuccessful.
Has anyone else had a similar experience? If so, is it just best to presume I haven't got it and move on?
If your status has changed to 'unsuccessful' then yes I would take that as having not been offered the job, unfortunately.
I know waiting for longer than you anticipate and then being unsuccessful sucks (and you can argue is not great behaviour from the employer), but these things happen and they have let you know now via changing your application status.
Remember, you can always email and ask for feedback on why you were unsuccessful which can help with future applications.
Good luck with the job search :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by bird019
I had an interview two weeks ago Tuesday at my local Tesco for a part time role for the seasonal period where I was required to fill in a lot of paperwork including my bank details, address and mobile number even with my insurance number and havent heard anything back, despite the fact I was promised it would only be a two day wait. The application status on the careers centre has changed to unsuccessful but I was promised a formal rejection email if I was unsuccessful.
Has anyone else had a similar experience? If so, is it just best to presume I haven't got it and move on?

Hi
They usually do your national insurance number, bank details etc at the induction day as well as uniform ordering.
They would have had your phone contact numbers from the application process so that they could have contacted you so I don't know why they asked for this again.
I would consider contacting the store you applied to for further information about why they asked for all your details and then said that you are unsuccessful.

Normally you'll have your interview and then ask to attend a induction day if you pass the interview and online application process. Do ask them for a feedback about the interview etc as you should receive it within usually a few days to about a week.
Normally after a interview you would be contacted either way about the job within a week to a fortnight and then if you were successful you get a invite to a induction day and then you are usually given your start date and time.

Don't let that put you off for applying for other positions with Tesco.
I can't unfortunately speak for the individual store involved with your interview 🙂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending