The Student Room Group

awkward guy in class

Hi guys I just wanted to ask for some help understanding this situation.

There's this guy in one of my classes (I'm in sixth form) who sits diagonally across from me. We sit in a C shaped formation so we the class can see each others faces.
I started to notice that recently he's staring at me or at my direction at several points of the lesson, with his mouth open. Its a bit awkward since whenever I turn to face (which I try to avoid) he doesn't turn away and continues staring even when our eyes meet so I look away in a second. I don't think he's one of those creepy guys(which I unfortunately attract quite often, god knows why) and he's more of the always-late-don't care immature guys.
I'm good friends with the guys who sit around me and whenever someone cracks a joke I'm the one thats cracking up with a not very attractive laughing face. You know, the type which crunches up your face and makes them wrinkly. I have a feeling its mostly that its mostly these moments when I catch him in the corner of my eye straight on staring with his mouth open, like he's gawking at me.
There aren't any other girls around me and whenever I look at him we lock eyes so I'm pretty sure its not me being self conscious.
I just want to clarify that I am most definitely not pretty and I've never talked to him so I seriously doubt he likes me. I don't find him attractive at all and its becoming annoying.
So I'm wondering why he stares? Is it just a daydreaming thing? How do I subtly tell him to look the other way in this case as I do not want to sound concited going up to him and telling him to not stare at me, which would be a bit awkward.

Thanks
It's possible he's on the autistic spectrum and so he may not necessarily be aware of his behaviour in this situation. He also may not realise that his staring is causing discomfort.
Reply 2
Talk to him

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending