The Student Room Group

girl advice

I commute regularly with the same girl and we managed to get some convos going etc but theres always people around and I feel like she was sending me signals for such a long time. Ive liked her for so long and when I finally get a moment alone with her I tell her how I feel but I also told her that im sorry for rushing things because I needed to get it off my chest - she started laughing in a cute awkward way and her response was 'shes seeing someone'. I dont know what to do next as I see her regularly.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I commute regularly with the same girl and we managed to get some convos going etc but theres always people around and I feel like she was sending me signals for such a long time. Ive liked her for so long and when I finally get a moment alone with her I tell her how I feel but I also told her that im sorry for rushing things because I needed to get it off my chest - she started laughing in a cute awkward way and her response was 'shes seeing someone'. I dont know what to do next as I see her regularly.

Try to let things go back to how they were before you told her - yes, you like her and it may be hard trying to stay as friends but I'm sure it'll be much harder for you to suddenly stop any contact with her... Maybe talk to her about where you go from here? Also, I recommend asking her for her phone number so you can talk to her all the time.

Hope this helps

- Taylor :starwars:
Reply 2
Original post by taylor2317
Try to let things go back to how they were before you told her - yes, you like her and it may be hard trying to stay as friends but I'm sure it'll be much harder for you to suddenly stop any contact with her... Maybe talk to her about where you go from here? Also, I recommend asking her for her phone number so you can talk to her all the time.

Hope this helps

- Taylor :starwars:

We used to sit opposite each other and chat etc but how can I do that now after she has just turned me down? How can I ask her for her number when she has just turned me down?
We used to sit opposite each other and chat etc but how can I do that now after she has just turned me down? How can I ask her for her number when she has just turned me down?

Try to make it clear that you want to keep things as friends (even if that isn't what you want) - this may restore your relationship to how it was before and allow you to continue a bond with her.

- Taylor :bl:
Reply 4
Try to make it clear that you want to keep things as friends (even if that isn't what you want) - this may restore your relationship to how it was before and allow you to continue a bond with her.

- Taylor :bl:

Its complicated, we were never really friends just 2 people who met and commute together - i just feel like when she said ' shes seeing someone' she is still interested or maybe im just overthinking. I still have some things I want to say to her and get off my chest. Shall I wait for some time to pass or just approach her again?
Its complicated, we were never really friends just 2 people who met and commute together - i just feel like when she said ' shes seeing someone' she is still interested or maybe im just overthinking. I still have some things I want to say to her and get off my chest. Shall I wait for some time to pass or just approach her again?

Try and approach her - if she seems distant or ignores you then take the hint and leave her alone. I think it's worth a try tbh...

- Taylor :colonhash:
Reply 6
Try and approach her - if she seems distant or ignores you then take the hint and leave her alone. I think it's worth a try tbh...

- Taylor :colonhash:

Im not the sort of person who gives up easily and after some time I will try again
Reply 7
She’s rejected you and is in a relationship, so there is a pretty low chance it will work out. I would either go back to how you were, or distance yourselves a little more, and in any event put your effort in to finding someone else
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 8
Original post by Zarek
She’s rejected you and is in a relationship, so there is a pretty low chance it will work out. I would either go back to how you were, or distance yourselves a little more, and in any event put your effort in to finding someone else

But I dont think she is, all the interactions we had suggested she was interested and it was dragging for so many months that I finally approached her out of the blue when she was not expecting it and started blabbering about how I felt about her as I needed to get it off my chest and tell her- she must have been very surprised and not expected it. The only thibg I can think if doing is when I see her next just tell her that im sorry for making things awkward and try again but this time do it properly i.e. have more convos and ask for her number/social media.
But I dont think she is, all the interactions we had suggested she was interested and it was dragging for so many months that I finally approached her out of the blue when she was not expecting it and started blabbering about how I felt about her as I needed to get it off my chest and tell her- she must have been very surprised and not expected it. The only thibg I can think if doing is when I see her next just tell her that im sorry for making things awkward and try again but this time do it properly i.e. have more convos and ask for her number/social media.

She has told you she is seeing someone else. Please take the hint, even if she isn’t, it indicates she isn’t into you that way- you not giving up etc is not respecting that and could damage the friendship you have with her.
Reply 10
She has told you she is seeing someone else. Please take the hint, even if she isn’t, it indicates she isn’t into you that way- you not giving up etc is not respecting that and could damage the friendship you have with her.

When i told her it was impulsuve and in public where she was not expecting it and I feel if it was another time and environment things might be differrent. I will say to her that i didnt mean to make things awkward and take it frim there......
When i told her it was impulsuve and in public where she was not expecting it and I feel if it was another time and environment things might be differrent. I will say to her that i didnt mean to make things awkward and take it frim there......

Ask her to speak about it, ask if you can go back to being friends and if you're really curious just tell her that you've felt like she's been hitting on you and ask her to clarify
Reply 12

I reckon it was just wishful thinking on your part. Do let us know how it goes though
Reply 13
You know how girls are....they change their minds easily. Perservearance and persistance brings success.
Reply 14
Ask her to speak about it, ask if you can go back to being friends and if you're really curious just tell her that you've felt like she's been hitting on you and ask her to clarify

What if i just explain to her that past couple of years ive been career focused and dont work with women hence why im lacking a bit and would have approached her sooner with more tact - better to be honest ?
Reply 15
So I saw her this morning walking past as we boarded the bus - she glanced in my direction but i decided to lay back and not approach - she was not trying to avoid me or anything. Would it be too soon to sit close by like we used to and start a convo?
Reply 16
I approached her today and explained how i didnt mean to make things awkward, she replied saying 'no no its fine dw about it i was just overwhelmed
Reply 17
How do I ask her for her snapchat without seeming shallow? Its just so confusing
Reply 18
What*if*i*just*explain*to*her*that*past*couple*of*years*ive*been*career*focused*and*dont*work*with*women*hence*why*im*lacking*a*bit*and*would*have*approached*her*sooner*with*more*tact*-*better*to*be*honest*?
My guy please stop, if I was this girl I would be feeling very uncomfortable...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending