The Student Room Group

What are your favourite full albums?

What are your favourite full albums? Sometimes there are songs that you love and artists obviously but do you ever get it when a whole album resonates with you and you can just play the whole thing through. I particularly like it when the end of songs lead into the intro of the next song.

Here's a very random selection of albums that I've particularly loved over the past decade or so. Please allow that some of them are from my emo teenage years but I still have a soft spot.

Colour it in- The Maccabees
The Suburbs- Arcade Fire (amazing concept album)
XX- the XX
A Fever you can't sweat out- Panic! At the disco
Red- T.Swift
Let Go- Avril Lavigne
Fallen- Evanescence
Infinity on High- Fall Out Boy
Future Sex Love Sounds- JT
Shock Value- Timbaland
King of Limbs- Radiohead
Only by the night- Kings of Leon

Tbf this is a pretty juvenile selection but I think it's because it's from back in the days where I bought album CDs for my car etc. Whereas now I just listen to Spotify playlists or download individual songs on the Internet.

Anyone got any full albums they love? Especially concept albums :yep:

Tagging some peep I've discussed musak with recently.
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

PInk Floyd 's Dark Side of the Moon and Joy Division's Unknown Pleasures have to be listened to from start to finish.
That's a difficult question. As of recently the albums I listen to fully are:
-Sign no More - Mumford and Sons
-Family Jewels - Marina and the Diamonds
-Electra Heart - Marina and the Diamonds
-Froot - Marina and the Diamonds
-Take to the Skies - Enter Shikari
-Common Dreads - Enter Shikari
-Flash Flood of Colour - Enter Shikari
-The Mindsweep - Enter Shikari
-Come Around Sundown - Kings of Leon
-Diamond Eyes - Deftones

There are probably many others but they are what I can think of atm.
Original post by barnetlad
PInk Floyd 's Dark Side of the Moon and Joy Division's Unknown Pleasures have to be listened to from start to finish.

DSotM is an incredible concept album and yes. Start to finish. No distractions.

To-do list: listen to unknown pleasures.
Original post by Ethereal World
x

I've only ever downloaded one album, legally...and that was Let Go by Avril Lavigne...
Still listen to some of the songs sometimes...
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 5
Fleetwood Mac's Rumours.
Original post by EdwardBarfield9
That's a difficult question. As of recently the albums I listen to fully are:
-Sign no More - Mumford and Sons
-Family Jewels - Marina and the Diamonds
-Electra Heart - Marina and the Diamonds
-Froot - Marina and the Diamonds
-Take to the Skies - Enter Shikari
-Common Dreads - Enter Shikari
-Flash Flood of Colour - Enter Shikari
-The Mindsweep - Enter Shikari
-Come Around Sundown - Kings of Leon
-Diamond Eyes - Deftones

There are probably many others but they are what I can think of atm.

I'm noticing a concept. Also I just added only by the night by KoL to mine but it was so close between that and come around sundown. I love pyro and the whole feel of the album. I can imagine listening to it on a road trip across America.
Original post by homeland.lsw
I've only ever downloaded one album, legally...and that was Let Go by Avril Lavigne...
Still listen to some of the songs sometimes...

Honestly that album is definitely my teenage years summed up in 11 songs. Favourite song on the album? It's a three way tie between Naked, Tomorrow and Nobody's Fool for me. :innocent:
Sunset on the Golden Age by Alestorm
Nattfodd by Finntroll
Frostrealm by Suotana (I really love this one at the moment!)
Reply 9
American Football - Self-Titled
Kind Of Like Spitting - Thrill Of The Hunt
I'm noticing a concept. Also I just added only by the night by KoL to mine but it was so close between that and come around sundown. I love pyro and the whole feel of the album. I can imagine listening to it on a road trip across America.

Yeah, it's really a chill album.
Original post by Leviathan1741
Sunset on the Golden Age by Alestorm
Nattfodd by Finntroll
Frostrealm by Suotana (I really love this one at the moment!)

Haven't even heard of any of these artists / bands :colondollar:

What genre of music do they fall into?
Honestly that album is definitely my teenage years summed up in 11 songs. Favourite song on the album? It's a three way tie between Naked, Tomorrow and Nobody's Fool for me. :innocent:

I actually accidentally downloaded it :I...I guess my favourite is Complicated??? I meant to download her newer album (Avril?)
I actually accidentally downloaded it :I...I guess my favourite is Complicated??? I meant to download her newer album (Avril?)

Complicated is so main stream though. Come on be an Avril hipster. Is that an oxymoron?!
Haven't even heard of any of these artists / bands :colondollar:

What genre of music do they fall into?

Alestorm plays a mix of folk metal and power metal (specifically 'pirate metal'), Finntroll plays folk metal and Suotana is a melodic death metal band. Their album Frostrealm is gorgeous, I could listen to it all day :h:

[video="youtube;4jRfXz_EXSk"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jRfXz_EXSk[/video]
Complicated is so main stream though. Come on be an Avril hipster. Is that an oxymoron?!

Yeah I know :colondollar: But really that was all...As I said I prefer her newer stuff...I listen to her new album a lot
Yeah I know :colondollar: But really that was all...As I said I prefer her newer stuff...I listen to her new album a lot

I haven't heard anything from her latest album. I like the fact that she only exists as a figment of my 14 year old brain. Accepting she has new music would be accepting that I'm grown up.
I haven't heard anything from her latest album. I like the fact that she only exists as a figment of my 14 year old brain. Accepting she has new music would be accepting that I'm grown up.

Did you know she was diagnosed with Lyme Disease last year...It's so sad...
I don't listen to many full albums apart from Broadway cast albums but a few I love/have loved are:

One Cell in the Sea - A Fine Frenzy
Heartthrob - Tegan and Sara
Speak Now - Taylor Swift
Original post by mscaffrey
I don't listen to many full albums apart from Broadway cast albums but a few I love/have loved are:

One Cell in the Sea - A Fine Frenzy
Heartthrob - Tegan and Sara
Speak Now - Taylor Swift

Speak now is actually considered a concept album as well did you know that? Oh swiftie :love:

Quick Reply

Latest