The Student Room Group

Blur Vs Oasis

Poll

Blur or Oasis?

So yeah, the so called 'Brit pop' battle
Just wondered what the result of this would be, if i get any replies at all :wink:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Oasis hands down - hit after hit after hit after hit...
Reply 2
Blur.

Oasis have some good songs too, but that weird noisy little man that used to front the band puts me off them.
Reply 3
Little by little, i gave you everything you ever dreamed of!

Oasis... No competition.
Reply 4
I voted Oasis, I find Blur to be too whiny. Maybe that's just me :smile:
Reply 5
Pulp.
Oasis.
Blur.

I like both of them (SHOCK) but Blur have the edge for me.
Reply 8
Blur.
Blur. Although I'm not the biggest fan of a lot of the songs on their most experimental albums (Blur and 13), I appreciate that they were at least trying out different musical styles - when listening to their albums in sequence you can hear how they progressed throughout their career. Think Tank is a very underrated album as well.

While I do like Oasis - Definitely Maybe and (What's the Story) Morning Glory? are fantastic albums - they didn't really try that. Noel Gallagher's quoted as saying that he doesn't like it when bands change their musical direction with each album somewhere, which sums up the big problem with them.
Reply 10
As much as my taste in music has dramatically changed I could still sit through Oasis' first 2 albums I think. As for Blur, probably not
Reply 11
This thread has been done before and there was so much hate for Oasis. They're not (or weren't) my favourite band but I definitely prefer them to Blur, who I find quite boring.
Oasis, of course.
Blur. Oasis are ****.
Reply 14
Tough one, i'll have to go with Blur because of 'Song 2'.
Reply 15
The Libertines....

Oh well if you aren't including them in the Britpop battle, then Blur.
Original post by Blalalala
The Libertines....

Oh well if you aren't including them in the Britpop battle, then Blur.

Why would they be in the Britpop battle? They're a decade too late!

Blur are the clear winners for me. Oasis made two good albums and a handful of good singles. Blur have a career's worth of excellent albums, and they never just relied on the same formula to sell records. It is a shame that no-one can mention one of them without being associated with the other though - they have both contributed considerably to British music, and they should be respected for that.
Blur.
Reply 18
Original post by ArtGoblin
Why would they be in the Britpop battle? They're a decade too late!

Blur are the clear winners for me. Oasis made two good albums and a handful of good singles. Blur have a career's worth of excellent albums, and they never just relied on the same formula to sell records. It is a shame that no-one can mention one of them without being associated with the other though - they have both contributed considerably to British music, and they should be respected for that.

Libertines formed in 1997. Oasis was 1991. That's only 6 years, so not really a decade too late.

And agreed, but I still choose Blur. Although if I had to pick an album I'd choose 'What's The Story, Morning Glory'
Blur by an absolute joke.

Oasis are hugely over rated and the gallagher brothers are pricks.
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest